Ex Player Jim Magilton/Mickey Lewis Podcast

Marked Ox

God like member

The best one yet. Had me in stitches with some of the stories. Oh and Mickey Lewis sounds like Adrian Chiles.

They talk about Ceri Evans in it and that would be a fascinating podcast talking about his time at the club and his medical career afterwards.

Moods one was good, i did laugh when he spoke about his song and said he liked it as we never had many songs, nothing much changes :D

Enjoyed the Magilton story about being told by Dalglish that he was going to Oxford, and him having to ask where that was.

I loved this one. Magilton and Lewis brought the realities of football at OUFC to life around this time. They were both good players playing at a level that we are striving for right now, but I got the strong impression of drinking sessions and outrageous camaraderie on the way.

Times have certainly changed in football, and although I appreciate why there is professionalism in the game in 2020, I much prefer the crack of days gone by. From a football fans perspective, I see little evidence that professionalism has made the teams I love any more competitive in their respective competitions.