Ex Player Jerome Sinclair

Scotchegg

Signed for vvv-Venlo who play in the Dutch Eredivisie. Although I've never heard of them he is playing in a standard that is the same as top end Chsmpionship I guess and will maybe put him in with a chance of a better move after.

I wouldn't put any blame on the club for not getting him this year. We matched (or bettered) the offer from Holland but he's chosen the (arguably) bigger club/league.

Just hope Karl’s got a plan b, c and d.

The only other ‘serious’ striker we’ve been linked with is Ched Evans who I can’t see moving down here.

Quite a brave move from him IMO. It's all to easy to move abroad and not be the huge success you need to be to get top clubs interested again.
If we'd have signed him I would have been happy, but he was still in the 'promising' and 'improving' categories rather than 'finished article'. It'll be interesting to see who we get in - seven days and three hours until kick off in Glasgow. Tick tick tick...

Signed for vvv-Venlo who play in the Dutch Eredivisie. Although I've never heard of them he is playing in a standard that is the same as top end Chsmpionship I guess and will maybe put him in with a chance of a better move after.

I wouldn't put any blame on the club for not getting him this year. We matched (or bettered) the offer from Holland but he's chosen the (arguably) bigger club/league.

Yea I think you are right.
If he smashed it up at Oxford this season, I expect his best next move would be a decent championship team. Smash it up in the Dutch first division? move to playing again in the premier league is certainly plausible. Or move to a higher club in Holland.

Just hope Karl’s got a plan b, c and d.

The only other ‘serious’ striker we’ve been linked with is Ched Evans who I can’t see moving down here.

Let’s be honest we needed more than just Sinclair coming back anyway we do need a goalscorer who can get at least 15 goals next season,

Ched Evans, Tyler Walker Marc McNulty seem to fit the bill what we need in a striker next season

They are in and out of the Dutch top flight so he could be going to struggling side.
Stadium capacity of just 8,000 so hardly a bigger club. Probably just wants to play in a higher standard this season

They are in and out of the Dutch top flight so he could be going to struggling side.
Stadium capacity of just 8,000 so hardly a bigger club. Probably just wants to play in a higher standard this season
That's why I said (arguably) a bigger club/league.

He's in a league which is the equivalent of top end Championship with greater tv coverage. If he shines there he will really put himself in the shop window. If he shined for us he'd still only be looking at a next step to the Chsmpionship.

Sinclair has a history of making bad decisions when it comes to leaving, joining clubs. This I feel is one of them.

While it might be a higher standard of football (debatable) Venlo is a bit of a dump on the German/Dutch border - trashed in WW2 and now a series of industrial estates and Garden centres. With a dreadful drugs culture in the 90s, Just what the young professional footballer is looking for. Really cannot see the attraction to JS and there is considerable risk in career terms.

VVV Venlo one of only four teams in Europe to have the same letter four times in there team name... can you get the other three.

VVV Venlo one of only four teams in Europe to have the same letter four times in there team name... can you get the other three.

Total Network Solutions of Oswestry Town and Llansantffraid Football Club would be close.

Back
Top Bottom