Ex Player Jerome Sinclair

Sinclair in team of the week.

Also reading a piece by Blackpool football writer Matt Scrafton where he wrote that Blackpool defender
Curtis Tilt was ‘ terrorized ‘ by Jerome Sinclair and looked ‘ nervy ‘ whenever Sinclair was near him !

Crikey when did we last have an Ox on the team of the week? Seems like months!

Interesting idea to play Nelson on the left side of defence. Or Sinclair wide right for that matter. :)

Perhaps the powers that be ought to look at these and try to identify a left sided defender for next season (on the basis that Nelson will go and Dickie will move over to the right).

As far as Sinclair is concerned, I'd be delighted to see him with us next season with a new, experienced (but not knackered!) striker to help and maybe pass on a few tips!

Interesting idea to play Nelson on the left side of defence. Or Sinclair wide right for that matter. :)

Perhaps the powers that be ought to look at these and try to identify a left sided defender for next season (on the basis that Nelson will go and Dickie will move over to the right).

As far as Sinclair is concerned, I'd be delighted to see him with us next season with a new, experienced (but not knackered!) striker to help and maybe pass on a few tips!

A certain Mr. Hylton would fit the bill. As good as he is I’m not sure he is a Championship striker. I have a feeling Luton and Hylton would both be open to a move if the deal was right.

I'm not sure he is a good League 1 striker. We all loved his attitude, and his fitness, but he used to miss a high proportion of good scoring chances. I think Appleton had the right approach.

See if Conor McAleny is up for a move down south now as he is currently up at Kilmarnock on loan.

I like Sinclair though not in the biblical sense

Likewise. He appears to be developing under KR's tutelage, particularly getting in and around the 6 yard box. If this continues then we'll have a good player on loan should we get him back next season.

I'm not sure he is a good League 1 striker. We all loved his attitude, and his fitness, but he used to miss a high proportion of good scoring chances. I think Appleton had the right approach.

8 goals in 28 games this season (3 of them in one game) so not a great return

Its an interesting one. Regardless of whether we sign him or loan him, he will be on a high wage.
It would be nice to think that he could develop with us next season, but my fear is his consistency and confidence. We cant afford to have a big wage player sat on the bench next season.
I would prefer to go with one proven experienced head (i.e. Hylton, Pitman) and one (or a couple) younger hungry player from lower leagues with a point to prove. I know every club is looking for the same, but start talking to some of them now as we get closer to season end.

Kabongo Tshimanga must be worth a shout? Only 21.

Last edited:
See if Conor McAleny is up for a move down south now as he is currently up at Kilmarnock on loan.
I would prefer Hylton.
McAleny was a quality player with us but apparently didn't want to be here and has been very injury prone.
I don't know why it didn't work out for him at Fleetwood?

Its an interesting one. Regardless of whether we sign him or loan him, he will be on a high wage.
It would be nice to think that he could develop with us next season, but my fear is his consistency and confidence. We cant afford to have a big wage player sat on the bench next season.
I would prefer to go with one proven experienced head (i.e. Hylton, Pitman) and one (or a couple) younger hungry player from lower leagues with a point to prove. I know every club is looking for the same, but start talking to some of them now as we get closer to season end.

Fingers crossed Pompey go up as they’re top heavy at the moment

Whereas I'm not sure Pitman would work as a lone striker in our formation and likewise he would be on a big wage.

I'd like to see him back on loan. With him and Mackie, we'd just need a third option to bolster our front line, and then Jonté Smith if he stays or maybe a younger like Owen James could be the fourth choice if injuries beset any of the other options.

I think any transfer in football is a risk, both in footballing terms and personality-wise. If the lad wants to stay and KR feels like he suits the squad and our system, then the recruitment team can focus on other areas of the pitch that need bolstering, like our already-threadbare defence which is set to lose Nelson too.

I would prefer Hylton.
McAleny was a quality player with us but apparently didn't want to be here and has been very injury prone.
I don't know why it didn't work out for him at Fleetwood?

I'd like to see McAleny playing the 10 role rather than straight up top.

I'm getting shivers just thinking about Hylton chasing down the keeper and the "super Danny Hylton" song being sung again.

Not sure it'd work, but I wouldn't say no....

I'd like to see him back on loan. With him and Mackie, we'd just need a third option to bolster our front line, and then Jonté Smith if he stays or maybe a younger like Owen James could be the fourth choice if injuries beset any of the other options.

I think any transfer in football is a risk, both in footballing terms and personality-wise. If the lad wants to stay and KR feels like he suits the squad and our system, then the recruitment team can focus on other areas of the pitch that need bolstering, like our already-threadbare defence which is set to lose Nelson too.
Yes we have Mackie And we then need 2 more. So Sinclair and Hylton would be good!
We have to have some of the young players as back up and so James us a good shout.
In central defence Nelson of course needs replacing and hopefully Jones will be seen as good enough to be 4th choice after new man/ Dickie then Mousinho as back up.