Ex Player Jerome Sinclair

As has been said before he definitely has a role. Pity its not the role he was bought here for.

Not sure what you mean. We play with one up front, needs to be fairly big and strong, not a poacher. He looks as if he might be ok in that role

We haven’t really got the right personal to play a lone striker.

Mackie because of his experience, intelligence and effort can do a job there. From what I’ve seen so far of Sinclair I don’t think he’s suited to playing upfront on his own.

As others have said if Robinson is determined to persist with this formation then start with Mackie and bring on Sinclair for the final 30 minutes against a tiring defence.

I said it yesterday, I'll say it again. A little bit of Harry Potter magic from a forward wouldn't come amiss. We can't get Harry Potter, 'cos he don't exist. So go for Dobbie from Q of the South, up North, in the summer. Why he hasn't been snapped up, I do not know. And don't say 'he only plays in a lower standard of football, because so did Aldridge, when we got him from Newport. Look what happened there..............

And yes; Harry Potter and Dobbie sounds like a joke.......maybe it is. But Dobbie scores plenty of goals. Surely he wouldn't cost an arm and leg?

As for Sinclair C5? No thank you.

I said it yesterday, I'll say it again. A little bit of Harry Potter magic from a forward wouldn't come amiss. We can't get Harry Potter, 'cos he don't exist. So go for Dobbie from Q of the South, up North, in the summer. Why he hasn't been snapped up, I do not know. And don't say 'he only plays in a lower standard of football, because so did Aldridge, when we got him from Newport. Look what happened there..............

And yes; Harry Potter and Dobbie sounds like a joke.......maybe it is. But Dobbie scores plenty of goals. Surely he wouldn't cost an arm and leg?

As for Sinclair C5? No thank you.
Maybe he hasn’t been snapped up because he’s 37.
He also played for loads of clubs in England where he wasn’t exactly prolific.

It’s not about giving him a chance, it won’t make any difference.

He isn’t, and never has been a “goal scorer”, that’s not his fault it’s just the way it is.

The fault here lies exclusively with the management team who constantly gave it large about how good the signing was going to be and would be the centre forward we needed.

Sinclair can play a role, which is great, but it isn’t the one we were told he had been signed to fill.

Small point, he was a "goal scorer" in the Liverpool youth teams, hence why he made his debut for them when he was 16 as a striker.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Some of the comments on here are a joke. You want to write off a player after 2-3 games? How about you get behind the side, stop looking for reasons to bash the club/management and let’s try and get out of this position together?
We can all have our pound of flesh in the summer ref players and owners.

Some of the comments on here are a joke. You want to write off a player after 2-3 games? How about you get behind the side, stop looking for reasons to bash the club/management and let’s try and get out of this position together?
Exactly, Robinson has a dozen games to save his job. A strong finish or he goes and we start again. Till then no point in moaning

I commend this post.

Young man, come and visit me in the 'Bird before the next match (I'll be the short geezer in the bow tie with the glittery patter) and I'll see you right, as we say here in Yorkshire, where Oxford are situated currently.

And to the rest of the malcontents on the forum, in the stadium and at large in general I say - trust me. I have dragged the football this club plays from the dark ages to the bright sunlit uplands of a new dawn, now we must all act together to grasp the prize I have earned for you, which means - pour your hard-earned into the club and get behind Karl (put that claw-hammer down) and the staff to ensure we have the support that we need to get us into the play-offs. It all depends on you supporters, if you suck hard enough you can drag the ball into the net for those goals Karl tells me are so elusive. Suck, supporters, suck!

I commend this post.

Young man, come and visit me in the 'Bird before the next match (I'll be the short geezer in the bow tie with the glittery patter) and I'll see you right, as we say here in Yorkshire, where Oxford are situated currently.

And to the rest of the malcontents on the forum, in the stadium and at large in general I say - trust me. I have dragged the football this club plays from the dark ages to the bright sunlit uplands of a new dawn, now we must all act together to grasp the prize I have earned for you, which means - pour your hard-earned into the club and get behind Karl (put that claw-hammer down) and the staff to ensure we have the support that we need to get us into the play-offs. It all depends on you supporters, if you suck hard enough you can drag the ball into the net for those goals Karl tells me are so elusive. Suck, supporters, suck!

Fascinating
I commend this post.

Thanks
You could have just said you don’t agree though, might have been easier?

It's funny that people on here are writing Sinclair off after 172 minutes of football for us. That is nothing substantial. I remember some of the very same posters going to great lengths to write off Dunkley and Lundstram (and I'm sure many others) very early on in their time here.

I didn't see him at Burton but he got an excellent assist against Sunderland. He worked hard yesterday, ran the channels well and had some nice touches - there was one touch in particular in the first half yesterday where he rolled the centre back and got in the area. I'm hopeful he will be able to turn in some good performances before the end of the season.

The biggest criticism I'd have of Sinclair is he needs to stay engaged in the game - but that will come with more game time and training time. So far, he's a vast improvement on Sam Smith and offers us a different threat up top. While patience is in short supply at the moment, the lad will score an important goal or two for us this season.