Ex Player Jerome Sinclair

Was probably lined up to be the second of two new strikers... He's nyew got a great opportunity to grasp!

From the video clips he seems pretty robust as well i.e. not a lightweight who's easily knocked off the ball.

Agreed, it coujd be make or break for him. Pretty sure he’ll get some decent service and plenty of games. Still think he’ll come off the bench Saturday

However people feel about the transfer window, now that the dust has settled, my gut feeling is we’ve got a player with real talent on our hands that just needs to settle at a club where he can feel loved. As others have said, this is a crunch time in his career now, lets hope that he does well in his time with us and, just maybe, we’ll get the opportunity to make it a longer term deal in the summer. Having said that, if he’s a success here I can see a certain Mr Gerrard taking him up to Glasgow. I see that he’s from the Birmingham area originally so is back reasonably close to his roots, fingers crossed we can be the ‘home’ he’s looking for and he can settle and start banging in the goals again. Welcome to Oxford Jerome, the fans will soon be chanting your name loud and proud, if you give it your all and notch a few to help us up the table!

My feeling is we are stronger - we have two new forwards, more strength and experience on the bench. We still need to be lucky with injuries.

Sinclair could be anything - but you don't get picked up by Liverpool or sold for £4m without having something about you. Jonte is just the type of player we should be taking a punt on - low cost, low risk but has scored goals. It's a big jump, but its not insurmountable.

Hopefully he hits the ground running today with an 85th minute winner :)

Hmmmm... Watford paid £4m for him, and if he does well, Oxford should buy him? Would Watford take a £3.5m on a player who's doing well?

He's here until the summer. Beyond that, it's extremely unlikely he'll be with Oxford.

One thing I wanted to mention is that the three strikers we have at the club are very different players:

Mackie - Handful for defenders, will chase down anything, and links well with the wingers.
Sinclair - Pacy, can work out wide, likes to take on defenders
Smith - Natural finisher, seems strong, and decent in the air. Should be good for balls in the box

For the first time this season, I feel we can probably adapt our front line against different types of opposition. We can change things up in the last 20 minutes of matches. We have strikers that will work however we need to set up, either against the expansive football of the top-table teams, or the gritty defences of the bottom half strugglers. That's what has me feeling the most optimistic for the rest of the season.

Puts a bit of effort in, a bit of strength, can win a header, but don't think he does one single thing above average, despite being slightly faster than average, but just doesn't look to have any kind of goalscoring threat, and doesn't make up for that with his hold up/link up play, obviously early days but I don't think he is the striker we need for a relegation battle

He's obviously short on confidence. But his movement off the ball into space is good, and he is more mobile than Obika. It's still hard to judge him though, the lack of decent balls into him today made it very difficult. I'd still reserve judgement, although you would think a £4m striker would have a bit more about him than what we've seen so far. Calm and unselfish for the goal against Sunderland is a big point in his favour.

Jerome Sinclair is as much a striker as i am the governor of the Bank of England. He was a desperate last minute signing by a desperate club.

He has something to offer the team but will not score goals as long as he has a hole in his bum.

Put simply, he isn’t a striker. He’s a forward or a winger. A battling number nine he isn’t.

Hence why Mackie has to start ahead of him. He isn’t really a striker either but has nous and experience to at least adapt his game to be a pest against defenders.

Sinclair has a role here, mind. The guy is rapid. Deploy that at the right moments and he could be useful for us.

Mackie should have started with Sinclair coming off the bench as an impact player.

And I would have gone two up top.

It’s not about giving him a chance, it won’t make any difference.

He isn’t, and never has been a “goal scorer”, that’s not his fault it’s just the way it is.

The fault here lies exclusively with the management team who constantly gave it large about how good the signing was going to be and would be the centre forward we needed.

Sinclair can play a role, which is great, but it isn’t the one we were told he had been signed to fill.