Jeff James

Shocked to hear this. Having followed Oxford for 35 years and being 48 I came across him regularly, always got on well and remember that Crewe game well.RIP Jeff.

And if you’ve had a row with someone close and you’re not speaking for some reason, is it really that serious to take it to yours or their death bed? Get over the problem and move on, nothing worse than “ I wish I’d have...”

Right there, I have done that and even now regret it!

These days I always try and offer the hand of friendship as life is too short...

Jeff was 48, he would have been 49 ia a few weeks he shares the same birthday as another Oxford lad and a group of us would often have an all dayer to celebrate in some random place like Basingstoke or Stratford. These were always great days. 150 people turned out yesterday at the Black Bull in Kidlington to celebrate Jeff's life, share memories and comfort one another, this is a measure of the respect and love Jeff recieved from the Oxford United familly and the broader community. There will be a huge following at Barnsley where again people will want to show how much Jeff meant to them. He loved a nothern away day. Jeff was a stylish, articulate, and witty man who enjoyed life to the full, he will sorely missed by everyone who was lucky enough to meet him

Last edited:
Last time I saw Jeff the General was at Wembley against Coventry. Known him for many years, he came up to me as he wanted a my spare OUFC scarf for his lad, he game me £10.00. I said you can have it, trusted £10.00 in my hand, still got him a pint where we had the fans zone at Wembley. I've known Jeff many many years. Polite, a laugh and Oufc through and through. I now live in North Yorkshire, I will certainly be at Barnsley and sing his name. My condolences to his family and fellow yellows. Rip Jeff THE GENERAL. COYY'S

Just for those who may not know...............
Jeff’s Funeral Service will be held at St Mary’s Church, Kidlington OX5 2BB on Saturday 21st July at 12noon, followed by Burial in Wolvercote Cemetery
The funeral cortège will leave from Kidlington High Street at 11.30am. All those wishing to walk behind the cortège to the church will need to gather by the Band Stand for 11.15am.
Donations in Jeff’s memory can be made at the service, sent c/o C.S Boswell Funeral Services or be made online at:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/thegeneraljeffjames
Flowers are to be delivered to:
C.S Boswell Independent Funeral Services
7 Bicester Road, Kidlington OX5 2LA
On Friday 20th July by 5pm, please.
Jeff James had many friends from many walks of life, and to represent this, the family have now decided that they would like everyone to wear whatever they are comfortable in.
Jeff would love his 'Footbal Family' to dress to impress, but footwear is totally your choice, old or new shoes or trainers are truly in keeping with Jeff's passion for individualistic self expression.
Women can wear whatever reflects your memory of Jeff. Finally, everyone who wants to pay their respects to Jeff, from every club, city or country is welcome.
Jeff's honour and memory will be respectfully observed on the day
Thank you.

Just for those who may not know...............
Jeff’s Funeral Service will be held at St Mary’s Church, Kidlington OX5 2BB on Saturday 21st July at 12noon, followed by Burial in Wolvercote Cemetery
The funeral cortège will leave from Kidlington High Street at 11.30am. All those wishing to walk behind the cortège to the church will need to gather by the Band Stand for 11.15am.
Donations in Jeff’s memory can be made at the service, sent c/o C.S Boswell Funeral Services or be made online at:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/thegeneraljeffjames
Flowers are to be delivered to:
C.S Boswell Independent Funeral Services
7 Bicester Road, Kidlington OX5 2LA
On Friday 20th July by 5pm, please.
Jeff James had many friends from many walks of life, and to represent this, the family have now decided that they would like everyone to wear whatever they are comfortable in.
Jeff would love his 'Footbal Family' to dress to impress, but footwear is totally your choice, old or new shoes or trainers are truly in keeping with Jeff's passion for individualistic self expression.
Women can wear whatever reflects your memory of Jeff. Finally, everyone who wants to pay their respects to Jeff, from every club, city or country is welcome.
Jeff's honour and memory will be respectfully observed on the day
Thank you.
Cheers for the info @Essexyellows essexyellows...I'm seeing a couple of chelsea/England lads this avo...I'll pass on the above info as they knew Jeff from England games (etc)

I was sat a few seats behind him SUU, fence end, last game of the season. I always remember him at aways games, esp Watford away Q1 1990. I never spoke to him. But I instantly knew who he was. I am really shocked. My age group. RIP Sir, RIP.

Love ya Jeff mate great memories we had the same sense of humour. It was definitely Bristol city not Rovers mate.... Dogs in ?

Last edited:
There was. Several hundred from all over the UK, but mostly Oxford. The rendition of We Are The Famous OUFC in church will live with all of us that were there for a very long time. Jeff would have loved it.

RIP The General.

Made me cry mate, absolutely incredible. I felt privileged to be there and even more so to have known him. Jeff, this love is forever bro. Until we meet again in Yellow heaven mate x

Back
Top Bottom