Jeff James

Colin B

Chief Dot Counter
Terribly sad news this morning that a true legend of the terraces passed away last night. Jeff James, known to many simply as Black Jeff would be recognised by most of you even if you didn't know him. One of the funniest, kindest people I've ever known, the world, and OUFC, will be a poorer place without him.

RIP Jeff my friend.

Sad news, had he been ill?

Must have only been in his late 40's

Last edited:
Worked with him at Nielsen's many years back - a sad loss

Always a gent. Always took the time to speak and say hello regardless of my job and some people’s opinion of me/my job. Big loss. Hopefully someone could arrange something at the first home match? Minutes applause type thing?
Really sorry for the his families and the yellows families loss.

Wow, shocked by this. Remember Jeff from way back. A real character and always genuine and kind (he saved me from a beating on the Kidlington bus before either of us were old enough to drive, back when it mattered if you got off at Cutterslowe or Kidlington). Only really on nodding terms over the years but was definitely and Oxford man through and through. The fact that I have already bumped into three people today who remember him fondly speak volumes I guess.

RIP Jeff

This has blown me away. Jeff was a top bloke, one of the best RIP mate.

Anyone know what happened?

Could not be more that about 48 I reckon, so young :cry:

Only knew Jeff by site, always spotted at away games.
His presence will be missed.
RIP

Very sad news. RIP Jeff you were a top bloke on and off the terraces. Thanks for the laughs mate.

Terribly sad news this morning that a true legend of the terraces passed away last night. Jeff James, known to many simply as Black Jeff would be recognised by most of you even if you didn't know him. One of the funniest, kindest people I've ever known, the world, and OUFC, will be a poorer place without him.

RIP Jeff my friend.

I saw him up in London a week last Saturday for chat. Didn't know him, but one of those people who was so polite, always said hello.
One of those faces you saw around the Manor. I will never forget Crewe away, 1996 I think, we all crowded into the seating area. Jeff had had a few, and sat next to an elderly lady, a Crewe fan, and he was the perfect gentleman.

Jeff James, Oxfords Finest, didn’t know you personally but recognised you at games, top fella by all accounts, RIP, say hello to Carl Selby xxx

Back
Top Bottom