Transfer News Jayden Stockley

Preston are probably just in front of MK as favourites
It’s the mirror, now if it was the sun you would have to believe them, but which ever way you look at it 750k is a good bit of business for Exeter considering he is out of contract in the summer

£750k is a huge sum, and as much as I'd love to see that we had that kind of money to spend I would think that we could bring in 3 decent players for that amount. Still, maybe Tiger is flush with cash and means business!

£750k is a huge sum, and as much as I'd love to see that we had that kind of money to spend I would think that we could bring in 3 decent players for that amount. Still, maybe Tiger is flush with cash and means business!
But could we compete with Preston?
Have we signed anyone yet? Just thought I would get that in early ?

Preston have just signed Josh Ginnelly from Walsall. It looks like their model is to pick up the best players from leagues 1 and 2 and progress them.

It's a model that we should and could replicate but try and pick some of the top players from league 2 and the conference.

Would someone explain to me how League Two's MK Dons might be able to afford Stockley, whilst Oxford, in League One, can't?

As I put in the match day thread he’s not even on the bench for Exeter today

We could never afford him and he was never going to come to us when Exeter could well leapfrog us come May. Pure fantasy.

I have a feeling we're going to hear a load of pure fantasy in the coming weeks, Mr O'Birdio.

• React
Reactions: MJB
We could never afford him and he was never going to come to us when Exeter could well leapfrog us come May. Pure fantasy.
Unfortunately some of our fans are susceptible to pure fantasy. Can we close this thread now?

Why would he want to come here? In the relagation zone, no clear plan on or off the pitch. Why anyone who has options choose us at the minute?

When Ashton, Eales and Appleton were here, we had a reputation as a well run club who could be used as a stepping stone for bigger things (Roofe, Lundstram, Ledson etc).

I afraid the Northers Ireland lad is the only sort of player I can see coming in, or a has been like Mackie.

It’s unlikely but it’s not ‘pure fantasy’. I’d say there was a100% chance we will be getting a striker in the next week. So why not Stockley?

Why would he want to come here? In the relagation zone, no clear plan on or off the pitch. Why anyone who has options choose us at the minute?

When Ashton, Eales and Appleton were here, we had a reputation as a well run club who could be used as a stepping stone for bigger things (Roofe, Lundstram, Ledson etc).

I afraid the Northers Ireland lad is the only sort of player I can see coming in, or a has been like Mackie.

Maybe because what they're told sells the club to them, !!!

Back
Top Bottom