Transfer News Jayden Stockley

Im not one for really following other leagues. Does anyone know if there’s any strikers in non league who are going well? I think we’d certainly be an attractive proposition to them. With Robinson’s past links to Oxford Citys’s Tshimanga, I wonder if we’re looking at him.

Macauley Bonne is being linked to Leeds from Orient.

Macauley Bonne is being linked to Leeds from Orient.
The way Leeds are going I wouldn’t think Bonne would get near the first team this season. Maybe they’d look to loan him out until the summer

Portsmouth paper today says that Kenny Jackett is looking to strengthen his forward options but Stockley isn't their main target.

Guess we’ll see soon enough...
Not saying anything will happen, and Big Al has even said that although a deal was agreed in principle Stockley was being advised to hold out for a better offer. In the same way I don't doubt that Lopes was lined up to join Leeds, something not happening doesn't mean that the information wasn't correct at the time.

And there’s the problem we’re going to have this window. We’re just not in a position where players will want to come to us. Unless we pay over the odds.
If you were a player wanting to play as high as possible, Pompey top of the league and flying or Oxford?
But that’s not a guarantee that he would play regularly or who would they drop? It’s a conundrum for Stockley ronthink anout when/if Pompey come in with a transfer request and there the other small matter will he cope with L1 ala Hylton and Luton

It’s great that we’re in for players like this but it seems highly unlikely that we could pull this off. I wonder how much it would cost to prize Kevin Van Veen from Northampton. Brilliant player and proven at this level. Was amazed when they signed him as Scunny had turned down a £4m bid for him the season before!!

It’s great that we’re in for players like this but it seems highly unlikely that we could pull this off. I wonder how much it would cost to prize Kevin Van Veen from Northampton. Brilliant player and proven at this level. Was amazed when they signed him as Scunny had turned down a £4m bid for him the season before!!
The players are out there. Unfortunately they’re all going to have significant price tags though; depending on contracts situations. As with the Nelson, the January transfer window is a ‘first one to blink’ scenario.

I would imagine a 3 1/2 year contract on higher wages with a decent signing on fee would be enough to convince him to sign. It seems his other options are perhaps Sunderland, Portsmouth and Peterborough or holding out for more options in the summer. Sunderland barely need him and is a thousand miles from Exeter, Peterborough barely need him and is a shithole so it may only be us and Pompey in the running. Pompey would suit with both location and league position but it isn't impossible to think that we could be in with a shout.

Nice try [emoji6]

Midson was always a big tart.

Could do a job for us up front as we strive to avoid the drop, though.

Back
Top Bottom