Transfer News Jayden Stockley

Sometimes the self importance on here is crazy

'danglycock3 off of yellowsforum blows Utd's cover as owners, managers and agents nationwide (who are literally paid to know about this s**t) hear of Jayden Stockley for first time and spark bidding war'

Honestly

That isn’t what the opening post suggested though.

Not sure I agree. If Nelson wants to 'force a move', he can do so by making it clear to KR that he wouldn't be adverse to a move and indeed would welcome it (being careful not to frustrate his contract). OUFC then need to judge whether they think he will be in the right frame of mind if they were to block this even if another club came in with a offer of £0 or £derisory. Whether we like it or not, OUFC have to consider the benefit of continuing to pay his wages vs the value they think he will bring on the pitch.

If you had an employee who had 6 months left on their contract, was headhunted by another business and made it clear that they were in favour of making the move, would you keep them? I wouldn't.

Nelson can want a move all he likes but it has to be right for the club as well as the player. Nelson has the option of either signing a pre contract in January with a new club and then is likely to get a big signing on fee but he would then have to stay at OUFC for the rest of the season. Or he can get his move in the New year but any club wanting his services would have to stump up the asking price, which I would say at minimum is what we paid Plymouth for him and he can then leave straight away.

If he stays and sees his contract out I'd hope he is grown up enough to act like a professional footballer. If he isn't and tries to play up then he should be fined accordingly.

Nelson can want a move all he likes but it has to be right for the club as well as the player. Nelson has the option of either signing a pre contract in January with a new club and then is likely to get a big signing on fee but he would then have to stay at OUFC for the rest of the season. Or he can get his move in the New year but any club wanting his services would have to stump up the asking price, which I would say at minimum is what we paid Plymouth for him and he can then leave straight away.

If he stays and sees his contract out I'd hope he is grown up enough to act like a professional footballer. If he isn't and tries to play up then he should be fined accordingly.

I hope you're right but there are plenty of ways in which Nelson could act in order to make life difficult for OUFC without crossing a line into contract breach/fine territory. I genuinely think he's a professional individual who is likely to act sensibly but.......he could choose not to if so minded/encouraged by an agent.

I hope you're right but there are plenty of ways in which Nelson could act in order to make life difficult for OUFC without crossing a line into contract breach/fine territory. I genuinely think he's a professional individual who is likely to act sensibly but.......he could choose not to if so minded/encouraged by an agent.
Some players behave unprofesdionalky especially at the higher level but why do you think Nelson would behave this way?
Regardless there is no way that he would go for free in January.

I had another mind on that. I wonder if BigAlan would care for an onomastic discussion?

• React
Reactions: MJB
Some players behave unprofesdionalky especially at the higher level but why do you think Nelson would behave this way?
Regardless there is no way that he would go for free in January.

I hope I'm wrong but if a championship club came knocking (to him or his agent) offering 2 or more x his salary especially if he 'engineered' a move, then I can see why an individual might be tempted. Whatever anyone thinks, with very few exceptions, football players are not that loyal to the club they are playing for and will move if the money/opportunity is right, can't say I blame them.

I hope I'm wrong but if a championship club came knocking (to him or his agent) offering 2 or more x his salary especially if he 'engineered' a move, then I can see why an individual might be tempted. Whatever anyone thinks, with very few exceptions, football players are not that loyal to the club they are playing for and will move if the money/opportunity is right, can't say I blame them.
A Championship club can offer Nelson 10x his current wages, but he is contracted to us until the summer and we wouldn't let him go without a fee that matched our valuation. He can engineer what he likes, but I don't see why we would give in without something pretty substantial in return?

Whilst Danglycock was great, Danglycock 2 (Dangle Harder) had it's merits, I thought Danglycock 3 (Dangle with a vengeance) was a step too far.

I’ve heard really good news about Danglycock 4 (Dangle Really Really Hard).

Whilst Danglycock was great, Danglycock 2 (Dangle Harder) had it's merits, I thought Danglycock 3 (Dangle with a vengeance) was a step too far.

It's DEFINITELY a Christmas movie, though, isn't it...?

Forget it. We can’t compete with the lure of the championship. Move on; he won’t be coming here.

It would be a fantastic signing, but I fear January will be a huge disappointment with loans leaving, and others. We’ve got a board of millionaires with no interest in football.

It would be a fantastic signing, but I fear January will be a huge disappointment with loans leaving, and others. We’ve got a board of millionaires with no interest in football.

I think it would be hard to argue that Tiger and Erick have no interest in football! And remember in the summer when you were telling everyone that Holmes, Smith and Carrathurs wouldn't sign! Not sure I'd take your word on much again this time!

Back
Top Bottom