Transfer News Jayden Stockley

According to the Exeter press, Sunderland, maybe Posh and maybe MK are interested in him. No mention of us in the article. Would think that championship clubs will also be interested.

Well Steve Evans does like collecting strikers and iirc he already has 5 or 6 so obviously needs another.

I’ve heard he he was very much on our radar but we have been left behind in what’s become a bidding war.

Apparently Exeter would want a 7 figure sum, which would price out all the but the few very richest league 1 clubs.

Apparently Exeter would want a 7 figure sum, which would price out all the but the few very richest league 1 clubs.
They may want that, but they'll get nothing like it. If out of contract in the summer, Exeter know that they only have this one chance to cash in and most clubs haven't the money to be throwing around on someone they can pick up for nothing in 6 months. Sunderland could, but do they need him and would they look bigger assuming they are in the Championship next year? Peterborough are perhaps the most likely as they have a habit of collecting players beyond what they need, but not sure many others will be breaking the bank.

Of course though, it does depend on his value. £250,000 and a few clubs will jump in. £500,000 and upwards and we will see if Tiger really does have big plans for us or not.

Because it publicises the fact that the player is available, and opens up the possibility of a bidding war.
Also, if I was the source, I'd be disappointed if information was shared on a public forum. Perhaps that's just me though.
Unless the source is their agent about to get a percentage of the signing on fee.

Because it publicises the fact that the player is available, and opens up the possibility of a bidding war.
Also, if I was the source, I'd be disappointed if information was shared on a public forum. Perhaps that's just me though.
I get the second point but not the first. I hardly think putting his name on here is going to start a bidding war. I doubt club chairman and scouts are looking through the pages of yellowsforum to see who we are supposedly trying to sign. I do think, however, his agent will be putting his name out there which is far more likely to start a bidding war.

Jayden has put his own name out there with his performances on the pitch, no-one needs to say anything else.

Just a shame we didn't get him last summer, as a few on here were suggesting he should be a target.

They may want that, but they'll get nothing like it. If out of contract in the summer, Exeter know that they only have this one chance to cash in and most clubs haven't the money to be throwing around on someone they can pick up for nothing in 6 months. Sunderland could, but do they need him and would they look bigger assuming they are in the Championship next year? Peterborough are perhaps the most likely as they have a habit of collecting players beyond what they need, but not sure many others will be breaking the bank.

Of course though, it does depend on his value. £250,000 and a few clubs will jump in. £500,000 and upwards and we will see if Tiger really does have big plans for us or not.

Indeed, they may get nothing at all if the player wants to go and maximise his wages. Similar to the Curtis Nelson situation - I expect him to go for nothing in January and there isn't much we can really do about it unless we want to be paying a grumpy player for 6 months.

Indeed, they may get nothing at all if the player wants to go and maximise his wages. Similar to the Curtis Nelson situation - I expect him to go for nothing in January and there isn't much we can really do about it unless we want to be paying a grumpy player for 6 months.

Nelson won't go for nothing in January, that would be crazy! He's had most of last season out injuries and took a little while to get back up to speed this season. If he wants a decent move in the summer it's in his best interest to keep getting games under his belt rather than sulking. Equally, we wouldn't get enough to replace him if we sold in January so there's no point in us forcing him out the door.

Nelson won't go for nothing in January, that would be crazy! He's had most of last season out injuries and took a little while to get back up to speed this season. If he wants a decent move in the summer it's in his best interest to keep getting games under his belt rather than sulking. Equally, we wouldn't get enough to replace him if we sold in January so there's no point in us forcing him out the door.

Not sure I agree. If Nelson wants to 'force a move', he can do so by making it clear to KR that he wouldn't be adverse to a move and indeed would welcome it (being careful not to frustrate his contract). OUFC then need to judge whether they think he will be in the right frame of mind if they were to block this even if another club came in with a offer of £0 or £derisory. Whether we like it or not, OUFC have to consider the benefit of continuing to pay his wages vs the value they think he will bring on the pitch.

If you had an employee who had 6 months left on their contract, was headhunted by another business and made it clear that they were in favour of making the move, would you keep them? I wouldn't.

If exeter want 1 mill for stockley this jan we should want at least 2 mill for nelson this jan.

Back
Top Bottom