January transfer window

It's difficult to say as we have yet to see many of the team playing anything like they are capable of. Mackie showed yesterday that we may have a player who can play as part of a front three and get a goal or two - but we certainly need more and I'm not sure Smith will be the answer. With Samir coming back, Mous bringing stability and Baptiste having started the way he has, I wouldn't be too worried about the midfield. Garbutt hasn't set the world alight, but I wouldn't rush to replace unless we could get someone who is already established at this level with the fitness to go straight into the side. A centre back would be high on the lsit unless we can get Nelson to commit to a new deal by then, but even then we need cover and may well look towards someone like Dickie who can be cover until the end of the season with a view to establishing a place if/when Nelson disappears.

Obviously, all of this is very much dependant on our results between now and then. A few more wins and we could be looking at building for next season. Another run of defeats and we could be looking at wholesale changes again!

Agree with the midfielder I think we’ve have enough in there, as you say it’s all depends on our results all the way up to the new year, I see next week as a crucial week with 2 teams around us in Bristol Rovers & Shrewsbury it’s our best chance to get out of the bottom 4 then kick on

Back
Top Bottom