Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

What I find bizarre is that the shenanigans impacting our ability to sign anyone (those damn agents) don't seem to be impacting others in our league who are racking up signings like it's going out of fashion.

Funny that.
Maybe Robinson wants to protect the long term future of the club, AKA Derby, Bury, ever thought of that?

Bit presumptuous of me perhaps, just adding 2+2 together by what Karl said

Also did anyone catch the part where Karl said "there's a yellow shirt" and then stopped himself? May have misheard
Yes, I thought he was about to say that there was a yellow shirt with a new name on it ready to go, (ie someone is (or was) on the verge of signing) but then stopped himself

ITK ? M can’t tell you if he’s ITK as he wouldn’t be ITK to know that he was ITK to tell you he was ITK but you could ask him if he ITK and he might tell you he was ITK but not knowing if he was ITK he possibly couldn’t tell you he was ITK. I hope that helps you but as I don’t know if I’m ITK I wouldn’t know.
FIIK

I think KR was just saying in the post match interview that he wants players who truly want to play for the club/yellow shirt e.g. no one player/manager etc is bigger than the club. So reading between the lines, it seems he’s had conversations with players/agents that think they are bigger than the club so they can jog on!

Not sure what was confusing about it!

I could imagine Defoe could be like that e.g. been there done it etc, but could be wrong. This could have been the deal that others alluded to/thought had crossed the line, but then something went wrong at the 11th hour (or should I say 4pm on Friday)!

Last edited:
Yeah the Defoe move has gone probably reckon he will go to Sunderland but we need some players in the door the clock is ticking with winnall scoring don't feel so bad about our situation up top.

We should all know by now that transfer windows are difficult. Players only move 2 or 3 times in their careers so are rightly out to get the best possible deal they can. Clubs are also looking to get the best players in and we wouldn't think twice about offering an extra couple quid to snatch someone away from another club. Ultimately, Robinson is right. We have a squad of players who want to play for the shirt. If that's not enough for some then we look elsewhere. PPlenty of time to go, and plenty more deals to do.

Supposed to be ITK, although I did hear something today which was interesting and no I won’t reveal
Bazzer, didn't you get very annoyed recently, and continually asked certain people to tell you more, when snippets of information were posted on here recently?
I think you said something along the lines of, if you post things on here then be expected to ask questions about it and answer, or don't post in the first place.

You are now doing exactly what you have told others not to do.

Last edited:
We should all know by now that transfer windows are difficult. Players only move 2 or 3 times in their careers so are rightly out to get the best possible deal they can. Clubs are also looking to get the best players in and we wouldn't think twice about offering an extra couple quid to snatch someone away from another club. Ultimately, Robinson is right. We have a squad of players who want to play for the shirt. If that's not enough for some then we look elsewhere. PPlenty of time to go, and plenty more deals to do.
Jefferson Louis must not have got that memo

I think KR was just saying in the post match interview that he wants players who truly want to play for the club/yellow shirt e.g. no one player/manager etc is bigger than the club. So reading between the lines, it seems he’s had conversations with players/agents that think they are bigger than the club so they can jog on!

I could imagine Defoe could be like that e.g. been there done it etc, but could be wrong. This could have been the deal that others alluded to/thought had crossed the line, but then something went wrong at the 11th hour (or should I say 4pm on Friday)!

To be honest I’m not sure why KR was sounding so nackered / stressed **

There will be annoying agents, clubs and players chasing the £. That’s life, it will be the same at every club.

** unless he has to (wants to) get involved in more day to day club things than other managers. Maybe their should be a Director of Football to take some stuff off him?

You're wrong mate, it wasn't Defoe (or his agent) that Karl was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom