Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

I did enquire about the Pep comment when I first got sent it, and like you I tried to remember if we played City in pre season - we obviously didn't.

The explanation I received was that "pep" was a typo for "he".

Take that as you will..
well confused by this, which pre season game is this meant to be? if it was the Rangers one we were pretty awful and got tonked 5

A pretty reliable Sunderland Twitter account has confirmed that Defoe has chosen to sign with us, and will be announced tomorrow!
What's your definition of pretty reliable?

I've seen an account tweet it but having to trawl a long long way to find anything of any note that has been "itk" before.
Not saying it isn't correct, but I'm struggling to give it the pretty reliable tag yet.

What's your definition of pretty reliable?

I've seen an account tweet it but having to trawl a long long way to find anything of any note that has been "itk" before.
Not saying it isn't correct, but I'm struggling to give it the pretty reliable tag yet.

By reliable, I mean, someone that doesn’t just spout a load of rumours in a hope that eventually, one comes off. He’s been close to the Defoe situation, since it began. The only further comment that he has made on the matter, is that Defoe has chosen to sign for us. Bit of an odd thing to make up, considering his club was also in the running. Would be much easier to stoke the Sunderland flames, and suggest he’s going to them.

By reliable, I mean, someone that doesn’t just spout a load of rumours in a hope that eventually, one comes off. He’s been close to the Defoe situation, since it began. The only further comment that he has made on the matter, is that Defoe has chosen to sign for us. Bit of an odd thing to make up, considering his club was also in the running. Would be much easier to stoke the Sunderland flames, and suggest he’s going to them.
Fair. I was just wondering if you'd found anything he'd got spot on before.

You're definitely right that it's an odd thing to make up so fingers crossed it proves to be true.
I'd been told to expect a signing (hence my post yesterday) but it definitely wasn't Defoe, so perhaps we're on for a double klaxon.

You're definitely right that it's an odd thing to make up so fingers crossed it proves to be true.
I'd been told to expect a signing (hence my post yesterday) but it definitely wasn't Defoe, so perhaps we're on for a double klaxon.
3BEC4EAC-19C8-4DD5-AB5E-407F71325B71.gifACD97C4E-EA83-45D7-AD0E-6656D25A412E.gif

Nope. To be fair, I haven’t seen anything else; but that’s another reason why I think this might be true. If he was dropping rumours, left right and centre, I wouldn’t have paid it much attention. Do you have any idea who the other signing might be?

Imagine a Browne/Defoe double klaxon on a Friday afternoon [emoji28] Blimey..

Perhaps he’s doing a Ceri Evans and has a degree to work on?

If it happens, he’s not the physicality or variety I would have wanted up front. However, he is sure to lure a few hundred extra through the turnstiles and get us a few headlines. Maybe there is a small ROI with having him here.

he’s doing a Ceri Evans and has a degree to work on?

If it happens, he’s not the physicality or variety I would have wanted up front. However, he is sure to lure a few hundred extra through the turnstiles and get us a few headlines. Maybe there is a small ROI with having him here.

A fair chance of goals as well if it happens I reckon.

8-10 goals from him could be the difference should it happen 👌🏻
All over Sunderland twitter its a done deal will be announced tomorrow and they're having a go at Johnson not for doing more his goals will be the difference but who is going to make way?????

Sunderland doing their usual, after days of how amazing he'd be and a dead cert for them, now he's rubbish, they can't have been that interested anyway, why to rubbish Oxford,

Funny old group of fans

Back
Top Bottom