Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

taylor,defoe,browne,whyte,holland thats a pretty scary attack!!
Not convinced we should be going for Defoe. Sounds like a very expensive gamble for someone who has barely played this season. Happy to be proven wrong when he smashes 10 in and sends us up though…
Totally disagree he's a proven goal scorer this forum loved mackie and his record was nothing less than rubbish as a striker defoe older than mackie scored a goal every 2 games in the Scottish Premier bring him in if we can.

Let's stop with Defoe. Sunderland or Charlton.

With this being a record breaking window (cc Scotchegg) for us, we are going to be doing some serious spending in the 1 and half weeks left.

Let's get cracking!
Actually I could see him coming here, if he wants a chilled time at a nice little club near London without all the expectations of Sunderland. But I really hope he would be just a bonus rather than our main target.

Am I right in thinking Defoe started his career at Charlton? May wanna finish there.

2 spells at Bmouth
3 spells at Spurs

a second spell at Sunderland? Or does the waft of the sewage works prove to be too tempting? 😆

taylor,defoe,browne,whyte,holland thats a pretty scary attack!!

Totally disagree he's a proven goal scorer this forum loved mackie and his record was nothing less than rubbish as a striker defoe older than mackie scored a goal every 2 games in the Scottish Premier bring him in if we can.
Can I just pick you up on your ' this forum loved Mackie ' couldn't be further from the truth there .I and many others hated him.

Can I just pick you up on your ' this forum loved Mackie ' couldn't be further from the truth there .I and many others hated him.

Wouldn’t say I hated him but couldn’t see the point of him, his legs had gone. Once Winnalls contract has run out hopefully that will be the end of us trying to bring players back from the knackers yard, Robinson needs to realise he isn’t a miracle worker and that we have been wasting money on players who unfortunately bring no thorp the squad anymore.

Wouldn’t say I hated him but couldn’t see the point of him, his legs had gone. Once Winnalls contract has run out hopefully that will be the end of us trying to bring players back from the knackers yard, Robinson needs to realise he isn’t a miracle worker and that we have been wasting money on players who unfortunately bring no thorp the squad anymore.
I too could not see the point of Mackie. Yes he gave his all, but delivered an underwhelming amount.

Scotch Egg loved Mackie, as he does Winnall. I think Mackie scored roughly twice a season, if that - fits with a fair few of Kr's recruitments.

You could counter that though by saying ....
Charlton - not much chance of achieving anything this season
Ipswich - probably the same and there's a lot of players there vying for each position
Sunderland - would be the obvious pull but bit of a chaotic club and a long way from home (I know Glasgow is too but ...)
Oxford - probably most settled club of the four, close(ish) to home, will get games ...
Most settled club? How are we more settled than the other 3 you mentioned?

Most settled club? How are we more settled than the other 3 you mentioned?

I meant managerially as much as anything, we aren’t a club changing its manager every two minutes. Off the field too, I know we are awaiting completion of a takeover but it’s in house. Fans are generally on side too, there’s no real discontent. The other three have had recent ownership issues too. It’s won’t be a major issue for Defoe on a short term deal but he might just see us as being an enjoyable place to see out his career.

Back
Top Bottom