Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

I think we should take Nick Harris into consideration when we sign players, he's not getting any younger. Only players with 2 syllables or fewer surnames from now please.
Players with the names of Smith and Jones might help

January market is not a closed shop. It is just more difficult to find value because there is a premium on players due to the disruption it causes the selling team. Not only do they lose a player performing well thus damaging their season, they likely have to dip in to the market themselves for a replacement. Every player at this level is available if you're prepared to pay the asking price.

The January market is often a thriving one because it is the last chance to get fees for players who want to run down the last 6 months of their contracts. Clubs below the Championship can ill afford to turn that down.
Other teams around us don't seem to be having the same problem, bringing in players.

Other teams around us don't seem to be having the same problem, bringing in players.

Good to see the same routine as pretty much every January transfer window on here. We tend to do our business later as KR has explained he feels he can get better quality players that way. We've done pretty well so far in previous years by doing this also.

That's exactly what I said, but we are not a club that can splash the cash on those types of players. We will look for loans, players that are high quality but recovering from injury or out of favour. The club have done that well in recent years and I don't expect a sudden change in transfer policy because fans think we can match the spending power of other clubs in January.
Genuinely apologise if I'm misinterpreting but that's not what I took from this;

if you think you can get a player in January who's been playing regularly I think you're going to be disappointed. The players available to sign in January are available for a reason.

That to me is a suggestion that there's nothing worth buying in January and anything you can get is someone else's trash. That's not the case at all. The January market is normally pretty buoyant and big players do move but it's very much a seller's market.

Marcus Browne needs to play games & i’m not sure Sheff Utd could guarantee him that ok they will match or better his wages at present but we could whether that’s on the left wing, attacking midfielder as a 8 or false 9 at times, but he needs to get his career going again it’s been stop start ever since he signed for Middlesbrough in 2019 we could

As for likes of Uche Ikpeazu I wouldn’t mind seeing someone like him sign he’d be a perfect Plan B striker something we’ve never really had a target man 6ft 3 who has pace by all accounts but not a natural scorer through his career but has a goal in him still

Back
Top Bottom