Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Wonder if KR has spoken with Kieran Agard. Signed him before at MK, and has done ok with Plymouth. Likely to be happy to fight for a place with Taylor and offers something different.

Just left Plymouth - https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/thanks-kieran

Their fans seem fairly surprised, and he's seems to have been liked down there.

KR signed him before for a club record fee - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37083248
Scored against "them", so would already be a cult hero.

Anyway you should like us nicking Swindon’s two best players: Jerry Yates and Keshi Anderson. Keshi Anderson will play in the Premier League hopefully with Blackpool when we finally kick into gear.

Seems to me the situation is fairly simple.

Blackpool can't afford Brannagan, neither the transfer fee or the wages that he would think he deserved for playing in the Championship.

Unless they meet the release clause, then I can't see him leaving in this window.

Come the summer, if we fail to win promotion, then he'll be off for the best Championship offer, and who could blame him.
It seems odd that Blackpool seem.to want him.but won't put the money up.
As you say it appears to be pretty clear. If Blackpool want him then they need to pay the buy out clause ( and then see if CB wants to go on the salary they are prepared to pay)

I assume that like the last transfer window there is a time after which the buy out clause is no longer applicable? I wonder when that date is? Another week?

Maguire turns 33 at the end of the week. Before last night, he had scored one league goal this season which had come on Boxing Day.

Any other player suggested as a signing with that recent record would be immediately dismissed on this forum.
Correct - not a serious option for a progressive club seeking to hit the top 30 status. The player also publicly stated he wanted to move back to the North of the country which Lincoln is (just about)

I’m not sure it’d fit our model to pay out a decent loan fee for a player we’d have very little chance of keeping permanently at the end.

It’s certainly a better shout than Forss (who ripped up the league a couple of years ago and kicked on since) or Lyle Taylor though in terms of realism.
Perhaps, although Forss has played for them more recently and I would imagine would cost just as much if not more thank Archer wages wise

Wonder if KR has spoken with Kieran Agard. Signed him before at MK, and has done ok with Plymouth. Likely to be happy to fight for a place with Taylor and offers something different.

Just left Plymouth - https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/thanks-kieran

Their fans seem fairly surprised, and he's seems to have been liked down there.

KR signed him before for a club record fee - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37083248
good scoring record but hasn't played a competitive fixture in 18 months - another Winnall?

As you say it appears to be pretty clear. If Blackpool want him then they need to pay the buy out clause ( and then see if CB wants to go on the salary they are prepared to pay)

I assume that like the last transfer window there is a time after which the buy out clause is no longer applicable? I wonder when that date is? Another week?
All a bit strange but starting to feel to me like the old tactic of trying to disrupt a player and turn their head, in an attempt to get them to eventually hand in a transfer request and then hopefully get a reduced price for a player that doesn't want to be here anymore.
The fact It's CB and that we're not destitute hopefully means this tactic doesn't work on this occasion, if that is Blackpool's thinking.

Memory from reading Kr previously says 15th

All a bit strange but starting to feel to me like the old tactic of trying to disrupt a player and turn their head, in an attempt to get them to eventually hand in a transfer request and then hopefully get a reduced price for a player that doesn't want to be here anymore.
The fact It's CB and that we're not destitute hopefully means this tactic doesn't work on this occasion, if that is Blackpool's thinking.
Think outside the box, may not be Blackpool playing games.....Ring Ring

Mr Kip has a point. I’d rather see players come in earlier, and settle in, and get used to playing with different players. Building chemistry, and understandings.

We run the risk of waiting too long, and then have to gel at the beginning of February, when we should be well on the way to winning games, and pushing on. We might still do that, but I’d rather see us be more proactive, and be on the front foot.

Correct - not a serious option for a progressive club seeking to hit the top 30 status. The player also publicly stated he wanted to move back to the North of the country which Lincoln is (just about)
I can’t believe that you wouldn’t want an ex-promotion hero pushing 33 with a poor recent scoring record. Spoil sport ☹️

Yes it’s just a case of whether we want to or believe we should. Obviously I would say that…
Well unless you meet the buy out clause it won’t happen if it does at all. All managers try various tactics to try and gain a player cheaper than is expected, but it does depend on the club and manager to see if they’re tempted.

Back
Top Bottom