Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

I don’t get the interest in Harrison. He’s been struggling at a club below us in the same league for the last two years. Fanbases tend to generally be good assessors of players over time and he’s seemingly not very valued by Pompey fans. His track record reflects this.

In a system with a line front man you can’t really play a guy who doesn’t score goals.

Im out

Keeping Kane has exceeded my expectations already and the window hasn't even opened. He is a class above and with Barnsley struggling I had conceded that he's surely be going back.

Brannagan is looking more like a ready made top half championship player game by game. If we can keep him and Kane fit for the rest of the season that will be a fantastic window, anything else is just a bonus.

I think it's clear we need another decent striker though, we can surely improve on Agyei as our backup and Winnalls fitness is hopelessly unreliable.

Another defensive midfielder similar to Gorrin on loan too, Kane might get injured and I feel Brannagan is wasted dropping back into that role. Will help us see out tight games too.

I don’t get the interest in Harrison. He’s been struggling at a club below us in the same league for the last two years. Fanbases tend to generally be good assessors of players over time and he’s seemingly not very valued by Pompey fans. His track record reflects this.

In a system with a line front man you can’t really play a guy who doesn’t score goals.

Im out
He’s better in the air than winnall and more mobile. Good friends with Taylor and has had a great partnership up front with him before. It’s an improvement, that’s what January is all about!🤷‍♂️

50 pages on this thread, and the window ain't even open yet.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What do we think...51 pages before the first fan's meltdown?

250 pages before the first credible rumour?

500 pages before the first signing?

Let the surprises begin let's keep it going in 2022 let's all pull together Win Lose or Draw this could be magic

50 pages on this thread, and the window ain't even open yet.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Summer was 430 pages so aim high

He’s better in the air than winnall and more mobile. Good friends with Taylor and has had a great partnership up front with him before. It’s an improvement, that’s what January is all about!🤷‍♂️
But has only scored 7 goals in the last 3 seasons so is he better than Winnall in the goal scoring charts? Winnall has scored 4 in just over a season for us. I think we can do better than either of those 2. With KR playing a lone striker I don’t think Harrison is the answer. We need to be looking at a Oren/championship fringe player who has a decent track record with scoring.

Window is open

But has only scored 7 goals in the last 3 seasons so is he better than Winnall in the goal scoring charts? Winnall has scored 4 in just over a season for us. I think we can do better than either of those 2. With KR playing a lone striker I don’t think Harrison is the answer. We need to be looking at a Oren/championship fringe player who has a decent track record with scoring.
It's not just about goals though. He would bring in more players as a goal threat so in certain games our goals scored would be higher than with playing just an out and out striker.

It's not just about goals though. He would bring in more players as a goal threat so in certain games our goals scored would be higher than with playing just an out and out striker.
I get where you’re coming from but are 9 goals for his time at Portsmouth what we’re looking at. As I said maybe a premier/championship fringe player we should look at.

I get where you’re coming from but are 9 goals for his time at Portsmouth what we’re looking at. As I said maybe a premier/championship fringe player we should look at.
Put it this way, would you rather have the team score 2 goals in a game without Taylor or 1 goal, scored by Taylor? I appreciate it's not as black and white as that but you get the point.

Put it this way, would you rather have the team score 2 goals in a game without Taylor or 1 goal, scored by Taylor? I appreciate it's not as black and white as that but you get the point.
I understand what you are saying but god forbid we lose Taylor but Harrison wouldn’t be the answer, obviously there are others who can score but you need a poacher.
Not sure whether Taylor and Harrison partnered each other at the Gas but if they did and that is why people are looking at him to coming here, they have to remember KR’s style.

Back
Top Bottom