Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

No problem at all with that as an option until the new year (especially away games), but there is no way that this is going to work until the end of the season.
What happens if Taylor is injured or needs to come off with 20 minutes left and we are against a really physical side?
We definitely need somebody in during January.

Back at the end of October Scotchers assured us on this thread that we were “targeting a new striker” and that I was being negative in suggesting this wouldn’t happen this January. But the OM this morning suggest Whyte’s role will be adapted to be that striker. Better quickly adapt that ITK information, eh, Scotch?

It means KR can sign Marcus Browne. :)

No problem at all with that as an option until the new year (especially away games), but there is no way that this is going to work until the end of the season.
What happens if Taylor is injured or needs to come off with 20 minutes left and we are against a really physical side?
We definitely need somebody in during January.
Really we need two if neither Dan nor Sam is up to it - one of those could potentially be Whyte. He needs the chance to run fast on to the ball, not haver around in midfield as he has mostly done this season so far.

I can't believe Robbo is looking to Whyte to solve our need for a striker. He definitely could play a part but what we need and have needed since the summer is more power up front/plan B or/and an alternative goals source to Taylor.

Whyte isn't either and I wish Robbo would stop trying to be clever and just, you know, sign a striker.

I can't believe Robbo is looking to Whyte to solve our need for a striker. He definitely could play a part but what we need and have needed since the summer is more power up front/plan B or/and an alternative goals source to Taylor.

Whyte isn't either and I wish Robbo would stop trying to be clever and just, you know, sign a striker.
I would imagine that it is until the transfer window in January ( whatever is said I would think that we will get a new striker in)
I agree we definitely need one

Whilst I agree with this, I am not sure how many decent, fit, top of L1 strikers there will be just waiting to be snapped up in January, so it might be Hobson's Choice.

Whilst I agree with this, I am not sure how many decent, fit, top of L1 strikers there will be just waiting to be snapped up in January, so it might be Hobson's Choice.
Blackpool last season brought in Simms from Everton. So maybe a PL youngster is possible?
As some have pointed out Norwood could be available (Ipswich seem to have lots of strikers- although whether they would let him come to a top half L1 team).
So there could be options out there

Blackpool last season brought in Simms from Everton. So maybe a PL youngster is possible?
As some have pointed out Norwood could be available (Ipswich seem to have lots of strikers- although whether they would let him come to a top half L1 team).
So there could be options out there

Norwood is transfer listed and training with the u23's. Ipswich aren't going to be picky of who they will let him go to, especially if its a low bid to get him on a permanent. He's 31 and is out of contract in the summer as well.

Strikers? Ten a penny ( old money ). Why would one becomes available in January? I cannot see it happening. Get Winnall fit for heaven's sake.

Strikers? Ten a penny ( old money ). Why would one becomes available in January? I cannot see it happening. Get Winnall fit for heaven's sake.
He’s had almost 18 months albeit he kept picking up more injuries during that time so I can’t see that improving unfortunately.

A fit Winnall whats that when its at home?

I would agree with @windmill regarding Winnall but i just cant see it happening, which is a shame for the lad. There used to be a really good player in there but unfortunately for us and him it aint there now.

If Norwood is 31 and has been training with their youth team, I do worry a bit that he is another whose effectiveness has reduced greatly with age - or else (with his goal scoring record) why isn't he in first team contention? Having said that, we definitely need *someone* else apart from Taylor who knows where to goal is to play as the striker!

Well, what other choices does Hobson have, and why would he choose to go anywhere but to us???

Well, what other choices does Hobson have, and why would he choose to go anywhere but to us???
Splitter - gone to Cambridge. I think he's past it anyway, what with him being 400 years old and all.

Still, if we can get him fit, he will be the best in this league...

Back
Top Bottom