Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Why oh why do the club leave it so late to get players contracts sorted, meaning we now have 3 players, who kr hinted at weren't focused enough last Saturday, possibly eyeing up moves, alongside the Brannegan situation. As other clubs bring in players, to better their squads for the final push, internal politics means we not only look like we could lose key players, we haven't made any of the 2/3 additions we need to keep up with the leading pack. kr airing his washing the clubs laundry in his post match interview, highlighted things that yet again should have remained in the dressing room. All he has done is to possibly alienate those 3 players, in the way he spoke about them. We need to be adding to this squad not depleting it, highlighting problems internally to the outside world.
You can't force a player to sign a deal.
It's clear that conversations have been had with all the players that we have interest in signing. At the end of the day, if they are delaying putting pen to paper, there is absolutely naff all we can do about it, other than accept that rumours of interest from elsewhere will grow.

On the other hand, we got the likes of Stevens and Brannagan tied up on longer deals quite a while before their existing ones at the time were due to end.

You win some, you lose some.

Agyei, Bodin, Forde, Gorrin, Hanson, Henry, Moore, Sykes, Winnall (optional one-year extension).

Gorrin supposedly signing a one year extension according to KR.

Henry - you’d think we’d extend that for another year.

Moore & Sykes - big 2 weeks, can we agree or deal? If not maybe cashing in has to happen.

The rest can go

We will have to accept a low fee for Sykes if he goes now due to the length left on his contract. We must get the maximum possible sell on percentage though as that’s the only chance left to get the real fee for him

We will have to accept a low fee for Sykes if he goes now due to the length left on his contract. We must get the maximum possible sell on percentage though as that’s the only chance left to get the real fee for him
I think we should be a bit more relaxed about players leaving, some will want to move on and be able to get more money elsewhere. We need to make sure we've always got lots of guys on our shortlist and maybe get a bit better at tying up deals quickly, it always seems (from the outside) so laboured.

Huddersfield Town fans already discussing the possibility of signing Sykes. Meanwhile they are worried about interest being shown for Ruffs, who they rate highly, as Toffolo is in the same position as Sykes with only 6 months left on his contract and not showing any willingness to extend it.

I cant think of too many of these sort of signings that work out. Bit like jermaine Pennant, ravel Morrison etc. Once the rot sets in they’re generally finished and just float around the lower leagues playing 10 games here and 10 games there.

Ravel Morrison is currently playing in the Champonship for Derby. Made 22 appearances (1,461 mins played in total so far).

I wouldn't entertain selling Sykes at this point, even if he did go somewhere else for nothing in the summer. We have a chance at promotion, which will be increased by having him in the side. Try to get him to sign a contract now, but don't sell for a couple of hundred thousand, it could cost us a few million and an end-of-season party.

I wouldn't entertain selling Sykes at this point, even if he did go somewhere else for nothing in the summer. We have a chance at promotion, which will be increased by having him in the side. Try to get him to sign a contract now, but don't sell for a couple of hundred thousand, it could cost us a few million and an end-of-season party.
Yeah, if we go up he would stay, if not we can move on and find the next young star on the production line

I think Sykes may well be one of those that sulks if he doesn’t get his own way and therefore more trouble around the place than getting shot?

Back
Top Bottom