Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

If we are talking about ageing strikers, what about Andy Carroll. He is available after being released by Reading, younger than Defoe and is match fit. Not saying we are in for him or that he would want to come but he has loads of experience and would give us something different.
I presume we have zero chance of signing Andy Carroll but if we did he would start every single game over Taylor if he was fit.

I read that Burnley are looking at Carroll as a replacement for Wood.

If we are talking about ageing strikers, what about Andy Carroll. He is available after being released by Reading, younger than Defoe and is match fit. Not saying we are in for him or that he would want to come but he has loads of experience and would give us something different.

Burnley are interested apparently.

From what I’ve heard is straight from kr’s mouth that he is meeting with the club today, admitted he may have other offers but we’re definitely in for him

Just seen the link. Don’t see how we can get anything close to Sunderland tbh?

If somehow we were to get Defoe, he would be next level upgrade. What are people on about he's not what we want/need?

Last time I checked, including his time up at Rangers, he is one of the most lethal and prolific strikers we've seen in two or more decades. Having seen the glut of chances we seem to be unable to convert at present, he's exactly the sort of chap we could do with.

Just seen the link. Don’t see how we can get anything close to Sunderland tbh?

We may offer more time on the pitch than Sunderland. It might not only be the financial offer that is key as he may want to play more. Not saying we will offer more playing time than Sunderland just that it is a possibility.

Definitely feels like Sunderland are the major front runners but good to see the calibre of player we're aiming at. Only real shot we have is if KR can sell him the dream. Of the teams interested I do think we can offer more gametime as we always rotate the attackers. Only reason Taylor has played so many games is because the other two have been so poor that a tired, out of form Taylor is still the better option.

Sunderland. Past link. Bit of cult hero etc
Charlton - Jackson. Defoes best mate

Don’t see how we get Defoe tbh.

You could counter that though by saying ....
Charlton - not much chance of achieving anything this season
Ipswich - probably the same and there's a lot of players there vying for each position
Sunderland - would be the obvious pull but bit of a chaotic club and a long way from home (I know Glasgow is too but ...)
Oxford - probably most settled club of the four, close(ish) to home, will get games ...

You could counter that though by saying ....
Charlton - not much chance of achieving anything this season
Ipswich - probably the same and there's a lot of players there vying for each position
Sunderland - would be the obvious pull but bit of a chaotic club and a long way from home (I know Glasgow is too but ...)
Oxford - probably most settled club of the four, close(ish) to home, will get games ...
Does he care though? I can only imagine a player of his age would want to be near his mates/family and take in as much cash as possible. He's only got to stick it out for 12-18 months.

I just really hope that's not what we've become.

Back
Top Bottom