Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

We should have the odd older player. But younger pi players are what it's about for us.We definitely need to shift a few players out a couple of taller more aggressive midfielders are needed for your Wycombe's of this world. One to replace Sykes who Iam sure wants go .Iam sure the club know what we need let's hope the plan comes together quite quickly.

Sunderland splash out on a 31 year old CB who’s played 11 times this season and suddenly everyone forgets the model that has seen Dickie, Nelson and Atkinson pass him on his way down from the Championship…
Don't think anyone wants to fundamentally change the model of bringing through young players , indeed I can't wait until players start coming up through the youth set up just its shown that an experienced tough centre back would help the side especially against the Rotherham, Wycombes of the league .

Lot of itchy feet on this forum. Still nearly 2 weeks to go. Can we at least wait till we’re inside the last 7 days before we even start to consider moaning about our activity this window?

The budget is currently around 7th for the division. One more big signing and as it stands it would probably be 6th. Taylor, Winnall and Agyei cost almost £10,000 per week between them. Henry and Brannagan are both on the best part of £5,000 per week each. Kane, Whyte and Holland are all on 7/8k a week at their parent clubs and we are paying very healthy chunks of it, on top of decent loan fees. McGuane is on around four grand a week and cost circa 300k. Hanson is on over £3,000 per week and barely gets a kick. We have reserve players earning more than a lot of first choice players were earning two seasons ago when we got to the playoff final.

This is a large and pretty expensive squad, make no mistake. We are proper players in this division and there is more to come. Everybody should be very happy with the investment from the board, especially at the same time as the stadium stuff has been going on. They could’ve only cared about that and put the playing squad on the back burner, but they’ve stepped up. I would urge caution to anybody who thinks they aren’t showing ambition or being supportive enough. They’ve spent (and turned down) a lot of money over the past year especially, and are still offering to write cheques.

It’s not up to the owners to make sure that the squad is balanced and doesn’t have more wingers than defenders, or to get the deals done early. They employ management and recruitment teams to handle that stuff, and to spend the money that they make available. Other people in the organisation might need to take a little responsibility.

Still two weeks of the window left and some big games to play in the meantime. Let’s see what’s what come February…
How do you know these players salaries?
I’m retired now but if you had access to details of my salary and banded them about I would be furious

How do you know these players salaries?
I’m retired now but if you had access to details of my salary and banded them about I would be furious

I appreciate that not everyone has someone they know in or around the club, but wages are openly discussed in most clubs and are not hard to find out. The figures presented by @RyanioBirdio are very accurate.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I was simply saying what appeared on the official website report today. If you and Egg wish to make it into a never-ending saga about his whereabouts, feel free to carry on.

And i was simply saying what info i offered up to the forum 6 weeks ago. If you wish to question Egg and I on our information, feel free to carry on.

This topic of player wages being in the public eye is very interesting, when I worked on Football Manager, we had access to these through various sources. like FIFA we needed to create a realistic model of the real world to make the game more interesting.

What's become timely is a few player groups are threatening legal action for this publicly available information, not just for wages but also playing stats. Super fascintating phase of the internet this...

https://www.computerweekly.com/news...ion-over-use-of-performance-and-tracking-data

The budget is currently around 7th for the division. One more big signing and as it stands it would probably be 6th. Taylor, Winnall and Agyei cost almost £10,000 per week between them. Henry and Brannagan are both on the best part of £5,000 per week each. Kane, Whyte and Holland are all on 7/8k a week at their parent clubs and we are paying very healthy chunks of it, on top of decent loan fees. McGuane is on around four grand a week and cost circa 300k. Hanson is on over £3,000 per week and barely gets a kick. We have reserve players earning more than a lot of first choice players were earning two seasons ago when we got to the playoff final.

This is a large and pretty expensive squad, make no mistake. We are proper players in this division and there is more to come. Everybody should be very happy with the investment from the board, especially at the same time as the stadium stuff has been going on. They could’ve only cared about that and put the playing squad on the back burner, but they’ve stepped up. I would urge caution to anybody who thinks they aren’t showing ambition or being supportive enough. They’ve spent (and turned down) a lot of money over the past year especially, and are still offering to write cheques.

It’s not up to the owners to make sure that the squad is balanced and doesn’t have more wingers than defenders, or to get the deals done early. They employ management and recruitment teams to handle that stuff, and to spend the money that they make available. Other people in the organisation might need to take a little responsibility.

Still two weeks of the window left and some big games to play in the meantime. Let’s see what’s what come February…
Great post, thanks. It’s clear we’re not paupers by any stretch in this division and KR has had the advantage of time to build. He does deserve credit for delivering league positions in line with our budget consistently. That’s not easy and it’s evident he’s developed a structure and culture that has allowed us to be relatively successful. I say developed rather than created, because I do feel it was Appleton that set the club up to progress to a much greater extent.

The reality is that we still won’t compete with Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday or Ipswich Town on salaries, and certainly not the smaller Championship clubs, but we shouldn’t need to this window. It should be about losing fat where we have 6 players for 1 position and adding depth/alternatives where we’re light. For all the positives KR has delivered, it’s already pretty inexcusable that this hasn’t been resolved and this has to be the window that it is if we’re to maintain the upward momentum gained over the last few years. It’s a huge fortnight.

What's become timely is a few player groups are threatening legal action for this publicly available information, not just for wages but also playing stats. Super fascintating phase of the internet this...

https://www.computerweekly.com/news...ion-over-use-of-performance-and-tracking-data
This has been coming really, the data certainly falls under the GDPR remit - it is definitely personally identifiable and I expect that proper consent hasn't been sought. The same could be said of Opta Stats - these are collected at most top games and could be used by clubs in transfer negotiations to disadvantage the player (things like 'your completed passes were down last season compared to the season before, so we don't think you are justified in asking for £xxxxx a week')

This has been coming really, the data certainly falls under the GDPR remit - it is definitely personally identifiable and I expect that proper consent hasn't been sought. The same could be said of Opta Stats - these are collected at most top games and could be used by clubs in transfer negotiations to disadvantage the player (things like 'your completed passes were down last season compared to the season before, so we don't think you are justified in asking for £xxxxx a week')
I think we'll see be law suits coming - and that is why this has happened https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/13/sports/soccer/ea-sports-fifa.html

Legally, FIFA don't have the rights they think they do, its a total bunfight.

Back to the old Pro Evo days of West Yorkshire Town (Huddersfield) and Lake District (West Ham) soon...

Great post, thanks. It’s clear we’re not paupers by any stretch in this division and KR has had the advantage of time to build. He does deserve credit for delivering league positions in line with our budget consistently. That’s not easy and it’s evident he’s developed a structure and culture that has allowed us to be relatively successful. I say developed rather than created, because I do feel it was Appleton that set the club up to progress to a much greater extent.

The reality is that we still won’t compete with Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday or Ipswich Town on salaries, and certainly not the smaller Championship clubs, but we shouldn’t need to this window. It should be about losing fat where we have 6 players for 1 position and adding depth/alternatives where we’re light. For all the positives KR has delivered, it’s already pretty inexcusable that this hasn’t been resolved and this has to be the window that it is if we’re to maintain the upward momentum gained over the last few years. It’s a huge fortnight.
Great post. Exactly this.

Back
Top Bottom