Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Really think we need a long hard look at how we handle contracts tbh. If entering the last year and you don't sign by middle of July then make available, move on rather then get into this crazy situation which has unsettled the team at a key stage of the season .
Also has a smaller side ever played for us ? One player including the keeper over 6 foot !
Every set piece at this level will be a struggle when the opposition have two central defenders 6'2/6'3 , Centre forward 6'2" then throw in a midfielder 6'+ and its going to cause problems .

Really think we need a long hard look at how we handle contracts tbh. If entering the last year and you don't sign by middle of July then make available, move on rather then get into this crazy situation which has unsettled the team at a key stage of the season .
Also has a smaller side ever played for us ? One player including the keeper over 6 foot !
Every set piece at this level will be a struggle when the opposition have two central defenders 6'2/6'3 , Centre forward 6'2" then throw in a midfielder 6'+ and its going to cause problems .
I think Peterborough do something along those lines if you wonโ€™t sign your transfer listed when you enter the last year of your deal.

I am well aware of that but was a bit puzzled when one post previously by yourself you put one player over 6 foot when itโ€™s at least 3.
The side yesterday had one player , and that is pretty much our first pick 11.
Amazingly small side . Couple that with no ' hard ' centre mid and its no wonder we struggle against big, physical sides .

Amazingly small side . Couple that with no ' hard ' centre mid and its no wonder we struggle against big, physical sides .
Simon Eastwood 6foot 2 and I donโ€™t know how tall Thorniley is.I get what you are saying about height though and defensively Gorrin is a big miss against the top sides.

Simon Eastwood 6foot 2 and I donโ€™t know how tall Thorniley is.I get what you are saying about height though and defensively Gorrin is a big miss against the top sides.
I truly didn't realise Easty is 6'2" , thought 6 exactly.
Thornily is 5'11"

Well he hasnโ€™t done anything wrong but I actually canโ€™t remember the last time he played midfield for us has been a makeshift RB for a long time now.
When you've played 50 odd games at championship level in that position though surely youโ€™d be a better option then players who havenโ€™t played there since they were a youth player or never played there before?

Ainโ€™t Henry, Seddon and Long also taller then 6ft? But agree with your point, canโ€™t be going to the most physical, anti football side in the league and be expecting the likes of Taylor and Sykes to get stuck in and be competing in these sort of games.

Exactly the sort of player we need. Has to be number one priority. Until we sign one I donโ€™t understand why KR donโ€™t just give Hanson a chance (unless Iโ€™ve missed something and heโ€™s injured again). Atleast he never backs out of a challenge. When he has played this season he hasnโ€™t done much wrong. Gotta be better then playing with the 2 8s and the 10 we are currently forcing into the midfield.
This would be the player that most fans have been so keen to offload asap would it?

You can imagine the outcry on here if he had played and we lost, it would be why him when Cam has done a job there.

i'm afraid it's another case of the value of a player going up when he's not in the team or squad.

we lost a game of football with by and large the same squad that many felt just a few games back might even get top 2 playing the way we were.

Ainโ€™t Henry, Seddon and Long also taller then 6ft? But agree with your point, canโ€™t be going to the most physical, anti football side in the league and be expecting the likes of Taylor and Sykes to get stuck in and be competing in these sort of games.
Long 5'10" , Seddon 5'10" but Sub Henry is 6'1" surprisingly. Not known for his aerial prowess though !

Can't be a trialist if they have a parent club can they?
Trialist A wore the no. 4 shirt playing for Albion against Elgin in Scottish League 2 on Saturday - saw this when his sending off came up on the Sporting Life videprinter. (Would be a versatile signing - Trialist A was also on the bench wearing the no. 5 shirt for Elgin in the same game).

Back
Top Bottom