Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

We really could have done with Mous out there yesterday, for his steel and experienced head. At the moment is he a player or coach? The club needs to make it's mind up. It's all well and good getting his coaching badges sorted, but could he not also play some part in games like yesterday that was crying out for experience and leadership?

We really could have done with Mous out there yesterday, for his steel and experienced head. At the moment is he a player or coach? The club needs to make it's mind up. It's all well and good getting his coaching badges sorted, but could he not also play some part in games like yesterday that was crying out for experience and leadership?
I agree with both points. We needed someone with experience as a defensive midfielder who could be solid and organise the players around him. Doesn't have to be a 'ball player' (like McGuane or even Kane) or someone who could maraud forward - just someone who can calm things down, pick a simple pass, organise, win a header. When Mous first arrived he could have done it. If he cannot now do so, then we need someone who can.

We can't have one of the slots in the nominated playing squad being a coach who can't play - that's madness (no matter what effect that has on Mous's PFA post - he/we should have thought of that at the start of the season).

Mous is past it, if he didn't play when we were covid hit he hardly going to play against Wycombe.

Tiger would never reject some Reading old boys. He would’ve been the first person wanting him.
Correct. Tiger invited him and Gunter to attend some games whilst they were both out in the cold at Reading. It didn't happen, probably money but we did sign Obita not too long after.

He was top class, best player on the pitch. Movement, decision making and link up play was a step up from L1. If it’s true he was rejected on the grounds of age then that’s Robinsons Wilder/Dannie Bulman moment - a right misjudgement.

Wycombe had leaders everywhere, we didn’t have one yesterday.
And Stewart was the best defender out there by a mile.

If he’s past it why’s he part of the squad and taking a bench spot off players yesterday?
He wasn't on the bench yesterday was he unless there was a late change.

Subs were listed as Stevens, McNally, Forde, Henry, Bodin, Whyte, Winnall

He's only been on the bench 2 out of the last 15 league games. (Cheltenham and Wigan)

Tbh I don’t think Mous would have made much more of a difference to McGuane.

Why’s he even in the 23 man squad then
Presumably as absolute emergency. (and it's also been said that the Chairman of the PFA needs to be an active player - not sure if that has ever been confirmed though)

Same could be said of Joel Cooper.

Wigan signing Shinnie from derby for 30k… quality ball winning midfielder
Exactly the sort of player we need. Has to be number one priority. Until we sign one I don’t understand why KR don’t just give Hanson a chance (unless I’ve missed something and he’s injured again). Atleast he never backs out of a challenge. When he has played this season he hasn’t done much wrong. Gotta be better then playing with the 2 8s and the 10 we are currently forcing into the midfield.

Exactly the sort of player we need. Has to be number one priority. Until we sign one I don’t understand why KR don’t just give Hanson a chance (unless I’ve missed something and he’s injured again). Atleast he never backs out of a challenge. When he has played this season he hasn’t done much wrong. Gotta be better then playing with the 2 8s and the 10 we are currently forcing into the midfield.
Well he hasn’t done anything wrong but I actually can’t remember the last time he played midfield for us has been a makeshift RB for a long time now.

Absolute joke , apparently if Wigan don’t go up they will break FFP rules and no doubt the EFL will do b****r all

Back
Top Bottom