Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Our model is not either/or though. We sign players to develop and sell but you do need a few established pros in there too. Mackie being a good example from a couple of seasons back.
Agree, which is where I think out recruiting has been poor. Neither Winnall or Bodin have contributed enough.

He was top class, best player on the pitch. Movement, decision making and link up play was a step up from L1. If it’s true he was rejected on the grounds of age then that’s Robinsons Wilder/Dannie Bulman moment - a right misjudgement.

Wycombe had leaders everywhere, we didn’t have one yesterday.
Couldn’t agree more, I said after about 25 minutes if we don’t stop him just as he was starting to control the game we won’t get anything from here. From then on he only got better, exactly what we’re missing in our team. I assume we chose to sign someone with re sale value instead at the time but as said he is still a level above most players at our level and would also no doubt help our youngsters no end. As for the age you would have no idea he’s 34.

Tiger would never reject some Reading old boys. He would’ve been the first person wanting him.
Yeh I think at the time he wanted McCleary and Gunter with neither playing for reading at the time. Gunter went on to sign for Charlton. Can’t help but feel our squad needs a couple of extra experienced pros.

Yeh I think at the time he wanted McCleary and Gunter with neither playing for reading at the time. Gunter went on to sign for Charlton. Can’t help but feel our squad needs a couple of extra experienced pros.
McCleary looked good at our place. We need more leadership in defence and midfield. I’d be surprised if we turned him down though, more likely that he wanted crazy money surely.

We shouldn’t be looking at Trialists in the January window we should be looking at players who have been playing and are under contract not players who haven’t signed a deal since being released last May !

We shouldn’t be looking at Trialists in the January window we should be looking at players who have been playing and are under contract not players who haven’t signed a deal since being released last May !
Why do you assume they would be out of contract players? The match could even be against another team, not in-house.

Not rocket science in my eyes everybody knows there is a transfer wi Dow in January and surely have months leading up to this to identify players you want to sign so why do we always drag our heels in the markets? Everything's always last minute I don't get it. Taylor cannot play as a loan striker he's not big enough, I commend his efforts so far this season as it can't be easy. Sykes isn't up to it for me goes down far too easily, his attitude doesn't seem to be the best. I'd get a winger in browne and a striker of good quality

He was top class, best player on the pitch. Movement, decision making and link up play was a step up from L1. If it’s true he was rejected on the grounds of age then that’s Robinsons Wilder/Dannie Bulman moment - a right misjudgement.

Wycombe had leaders everywhere, we didn’t have any.
Has been a fundamental failing under KR.

Back
Top Bottom