January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, me 36 years supporting yellow and blue, from Carlisle to Plymouth?
Today 500 round trip.
.....and your bland support for kr is based on what? Give him another chance, because that means I get to see the same mistakes made again that have been made previously?
Did you wave the buckets the last time we had to make sure the players get played?
Were you at the game when the final protest took place to get rid of kashscam
The only time it becomes boring young man is when you know there is nothing more you can do.
Take it from someone who sat in that centre circle so that you weren’t watching Thames v.r now, and printed flyers about what was going on the evening the boardroom was stormed.
Yes I remember the centre circle protest( started going shortly after that) as I remember sitting down on the pavement outside Maxwells place in Headington after the Lawrenson sacking. I don’t blindly follow Kr but I see many similarities with Appleton in his early time here. Things need to change between now and the end of the season.
Constant regime change gets you nowhere.

Of course he has a history of mental health issues, but we have no

I have sympathy for anyone suffering with mental health issues, but it is entirely speculative to assume that because someone has previously suffered that they must be suffering now.
Then, with respect, I would suggest you know little about mental health.
The triggers remain and the "black dogs" can very quickly reappear.

I had forgotten he had mental health issues so needs to be treated carefully. He is apparently looking for a club in Sweden and I believe the best thing might be to pay him off for the rest of this season so he can just go home and not keep having to come back here regularly.

So, to be clear, you are saying that we should keep Ivo and that he would be happy staying and playing, but that Robinson is forcing him out?

Is that honestly what you believe?

The truth is that after a lengthy absence through injury (as accurately stated by @Banbury2018) Ivo then returned to Sweden to play until the end of their season. Having returned to us, he asked to go back home for Christmas but didn't return as agreed. He was then told to find a club or to return to full training. Again he is yet to return. So @Banbury2018 was also accurate to say that he does not want to be in this country.

During his time with us, Ivo has picked up a decent wage without ever playing competitively for us. Robinson is rightly questioning this and giving him an ultimatium to turn up and give 100% to us, or to leave and get off our books. How can that possibly be a negative for Robinson? It is exactly what I would be expecting of our manager.
I understand that he went back to Sweden to have his injury treated so wasn't even with us over that period. He has simply never gave hinself the chance to settle in here so it's not surprising that he wants to get back home. An expensive, promising signing that might have worked out if it wasn't for injury.

No, I am very clearly saying that you know little about mental health.
Try researching mental health and perhaps you will come to an understanding of what it actually means.
I'm very well aware of mental health issues and have never dismissed the impact of them. However, it is also wrong to assume that because so one has had difficulties in the past that they must also have problems now. It is especially unnecessary to use this assumption to score points against Robinson.

I'm very well aware of mental health issues and have never dismissed the impact of them. However, it is also wrong to assume that because so one has had difficulties in the past that they must also have problems now. It is especially unnecessary to use this assumption to score points against Robinson.
You really can be a strange individual. Where, in those two posts have I tried to score points against Robinson?
If you really are "aware" of mental health issues you would have understood my post, that you did not, is evidence that your awareness is, at best, limited.
I have no desire to air my personal issues on this forum however, believe me, I do have a very good understanding of mental health issues.
Mental health, in all it's guises is a complex problem and the difficulties in dealing with the causes, symptoms and the effect on others is not to be dismissed so lightly. To suggest, as you have, that "difficulties in the past" do not equate with problems now is a facile and naive standpoint and one you need to put aside. The root causes remain, forever.

Fair comment but why put yourself at risk of any damages by using a libellous word? Why not say for example the prat Evans or the idiot Evans if you’re intent on degrading him?
I’m sure he has been degraded at a lot of the clubs he’s played against since being released and I doubt whether it will stop

any names on who st riker is / a few to think of TAYLOR BC / BODIN PNE / WYKE SUN / GODDEN STE / GALLAGHER BCITY

I think the unfortunate thing here is Ivo Pekalski was a signing that would only work with Pep Clotet here. With the injury coming so soon and Pep departing things weren’t going to work out and add in the mental health issues. The other signings of his such as Gvk, Mehmetti, Tiandelli all had there risks also. The only one that worked was Ricardinho and even that ended badly.

• React
Reactions: Ian
You really can be a strange individual. Where, in those two posts have I tried to score points against Robinson?
If you really are "aware" of mental health issues you would have understood my post, that you did not, is evidence that your awareness is, at best, limited.
I have no desire to air my personal issues on this forum however, believe me, I do have a very good understanding of mental health issues.
Mental health, in all it's guises is a complex problem and the difficulties in dealing with the causes, symptoms and the effect on others is not to be dismissed so lightly. To suggest, as you have, that "difficulties in the past" do not equate with problems now is a facile and naive standpoint and one you need to put aside. The root causes remain, forever.

There are 50 pages to this thread so not every comment is about something you have said. Regarding mental health issues, they are of course complex and can both affect different people in different and also having differing impacts on the same person. People can develop coping skills, engage in varying levels of therapy or counselling, or undergo treatment or medication that can minimise the effects. Some people can have a single episode of mental health issues and never experience them again. Others always have issues underlying. With Ivo, we simply don't know how he is coping and it is unhelpful to make any assumptions either way.

any names on who st riker is / a few to think of TAYLOR BC / BODIN PNE / WYKE SUN / GODDEN STE / GALLAGHER BCITY
doubt if we could afford any of those and doubt whether Sunderland would let Wyke go same as PNE letting Bodin go the only one on your list that we may have had a chance with is Taylor and would we want him after his antics?

I do not recall making any assumptions.

(no matter how tempting it would be to make one or two regarding yourself)
I genuinely don't understand why you feel you need to make any assumptions about what I have said. I have explained my views which you either agree or disagree with but there is nothing further to assume.

HAVE TO SAY TRUE TAYLOR IS BY FAR MY LEAST FAVOURED OPTION BUT IF HE COMES AND HELPS KEEP US UP I TAKE HIM SOME OTHRS KNOW MORE THAN ME AND MAY PERHAPS HAVE BETTER PLAYERS IN MIND OPINIONS PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom