January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to the above post. Anyone who’s arguing that Robinson has been unlucky with injuries and recruitment etc let me just pose this question

You have a business and hire a manager to run it for you. For the next 8 months, your business continues to fail and when you question the manager all you get is him complaining about staff he’s hired continually off sick or underperforming and suppliers constantly letting him down with prices etc

Do you commiserate the poor chap for his terrible run of bad luck or do you think it might be best to look for someone else who could probably do better?

I know there’s an argument that Tiger isn’t supporting him, which might, to be fair, have some merit, but I bet the managers of clubs like Accrington, Wycombe and Rochdale would be happy with the money Robinson has had to spend.

Its becoming very apparent that the lines are being drawn here between the Robinson supporters and the Robinson ‘outers’ and this forum is becoming a little toxic because of it unfortunately. As an ‘outer’ I will say that I don’t enjoy being unhappy at where the team is right now. I’d much rather be enjoying my Saturday afternoons. I’m not ‘bullshitting’ ‘fabricating lies’ or ‘making up my own agendas’ and I’m certainly not criticising Robinson because I enjoy it or have something personal against him (or his accent, an argument that has bizarrely been put forward on here) I think people on both sides have to accept the biggest reason for the rift on here is our league position. People that support the club tend to be short of patience when the team, touted as being ambitious and aiming for promotion, are in the relegation zone, and have been near the bottom of the league for over half the season.

I imagine the vast majority of our fans (albeit not on here specifically) think KR is underperforming generally (for whatever reason) but can’t see much point in changing manager again now. The next month or two will see whether that changes depending on where we are in the league.

If this is now the case and u can claim development fees further down the line. I’ve Calculated we are owed roughly £16m for the development of Jordan Rhodes and £17.60 for Jefferson Louis

Re the defensive midfield position. I’ve heard that Brannagan will drop into that role (if Moush isn’t playing) if nobody else comes in and Sykes will fill Brannagan’s role. Will it work? Who knows.

I imagine the vast majority of our fans (albeit not on here specifically) think KR is underperforming generally (for whatever reason) but can’t see much point in changing manager again now. The next month or two will see whether that changes depending on where we are in the league.
No point we’re relegated get rid at the end of the season and see if there is a manager daft enough to come here with f**k all funds and has scrape the barrel for players that include crocks unfit well past it players as that seems to be the norm now because that’s all our current incumbent is capable of doing.

The decision has been made. KR is staying. It's time for supporters to support the team! And this includes KR.

Rebuilding a club isn't and event that happens in one transfer window, it's a process that can take several transfer windows... In a few weeks time, we should see a stronger squad and this will be further strengthened in the summer. Next September/October we might return to question KR's abilities, but until then get behind the whole team!

The decision has been made. KR is staying. It's time for supporters to support the team! And this includes KR.

Rebuilding a club isn't and event that happens in one transfer window, it's a process that can take several transfer windows... In a few weeks time, we should see a stronger squad and this will be further strengthened in the summer. Next September/October we might return to question KR's abilities, but until then get behind the whole team!
Does that last sentence still apply if the worst does happen and we find ourselves in league 2?

Thats all very well. But you are talking as if we were in complete chaos/disarray when KR came in, we were not. Ok it wasn't that good but we were 10th when Clotet was sacked. The failure to replace him took too long and DF was hopeless. The takeover caused some distuption but RD and CB were brought in and improved the team along with Todd Kane. We did stay up and I never thought we would go down.
This time however I think there is a real possibility it will happen. KR messed up in the summer for sure. Several of his signings have been disappointing for various reasons. We are playing two guys as full backs who are thought of as CM'S. Up front we are at our poorest since we got back in to the league even if JO hadn't got injured.
I really hope you are right and he turns it around in this window otherwise we're down and next sept/oct we'll be scratching around in L2 with all of our best players gone!!

Rebuilding a club isn't and event that happens in one transfer window, it's a process that can take several transfer windows... In a few weeks time, we should see a stronger squad and this will be further strengthened in the summer. Next September/October we might return to question KR's abilities, but until then get behind th

Last edited:
No point we’re relegated get rid at the end of the season and see if there is a manager daft enough to come here with f**k all funds and has scrape the barrel for players that include crocks unfit well past it players as that seems to be the norm now because that’s all our current incumbent is capable of doing.

That’s the spirit!

Like Whyte, Sykes, Browne and Graham you mean 2 of which we have payed fees for and the current regime also payed for Brannigan , Dickie and Hanson. I will agree this window must be a lot better.

That’s the spirit!
Being honest late and people can dress it up as much as they want but the proof is in the pudding so to speak these comments which we’ve had since the end of last season about transfers are just total bollox, but to be honest I hope I’m wrong and people say to me “ that told you “

Like Whyte, Sykes, Browne and Graham you mean 2 of which we have payed fees for and the current regime also payed for Brannigan , Dickie and Hanson. I will agree this window must be a lot better.
If this window turns out to be a good one then fair enough but the problem and it’s been the problem while and that is strikers KR has to now spend. Tigers money and purchase two decent strikers and yes they are their.

Bloody hell! Just one little sentence saying that there is talk of...
And the whole forum has to re-write their agendas so that that sentence fits in.
The mind boggles.

Bloody hell! Just one little sentence saying that there is talk of...
And the whole forum has to re-write their agendas so that that sentence fits in.
The mind boggles.
Sorry Malc I must be asleep what sentence are you on about.

Has Robinson pulled a flanker here? This has totally deflected the conversation away from our desperate need of strikers to defensive midfielders, of which we have threeish and Center backs of which we also have three.
Spend whatever funds we have on strikers please!

Has Robinson pulled a flanker here? This has totally deflected the conversation away from our desperate need of strikers to defensive midfielders, of which we have threeish and Center backs of which we also have three.
Spend whatever funds we have on strikers please!

I don't think robinson is worried about what we say on this forum that he needed to be that cunning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom