January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'll renew our reported interest in Rohan Ince. For some reason he still seems to be without a club, but I think he could could provide some much needed height and power to our midfield. He's also still only 26 so you'd think he will be desperate to get his career back on track.

Not itk on this by the way, just think it could be an option worth exploring.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I wonder if we'll renew our reported interest in Rohan Ince. For some reason he still seems to be without a club, but I think he could could provide some much needed height and power to our midfield. He's also still only 26 so you'd think he will be desperate to get his career back on track.

Not itk on this by the way, just think it could be an option worth exploring.
Was on loan at Sw*ndon season before last when they were still in L1 + their fans seem dead keen on signing him so would make it even better! Seemed to struggle with Bury last year (but so did Maguire and look at him now), a bit injury prone as well by looks of it. Worth a look at at least surely?

Was on loan at Sw*ndon season before last when they were still in L1 + their fans seem dead keen on signing him so would make it even better! Seemed to struggle with Bury last year (but so did Maguire and look at him now), a bit injury prone as well by looks of it. Worth a look at at least surely?

Match fitness though...would he be able to help immediately? We were burned at the beginning of the season trying to shoehorn players who weren't yet up to speed into KR's wonderful system. There are more pressing concerns in CB, LB and ST for me.

In what world is he not better than Mackie? Jesus wept
I am allowed an opinion?
I thought that Taylor was very average and hardly scored.
Mackie hardly scores but if I were a defender I would far rather play against Taylor.
So in my view Mackie is better than Taylor.

I am allowed an opinion?
I thought that Taylor was very average and hardly scored.
Mackie hardly scores but if I were a defender I would far rather play against Taylor.
So in my view Mackie is better than Taylor.

Of course you are, and mine is that your opinion is pretty mad. If I were a CB I can’t think of many strikers I’d love to play against more than our only option.

No goal threat, no link up play, offside 5 times a game and will give away cheap fks when pretending to try and win the ball. Lovely.

Mackie is as bad as it gets at this level, but seems to get an easy ride because he runs, albeit very slowly and generally without any impact.

Of course you are, and mine is that your opinion is pretty mad. If I were a CB I can’t think of many strikers I’d love to play against more than our only option.

No goal threat, no link up play, offside 5 times a game and will give away cheap fks when pretending to try and win the ball. Lovely.

Mackie is as bad as it gets at this level, but seems to get an easy ride because he runs, albeit very slowly and generally without any impact.
Agreed. Most centre-backs clearly seem to love playing against Mackie. He's all mouth and nothing left in the tank to back it up with.

Don’t worry he’s only got another 18 months left on his contract ??

Don’t want much, do you?!

You know for a club that is really serious about going you (or even staying up) that’s actually not enough!

Current first team squad according to OUFC.co.uk:

Defenders:
=9
1 Kelleher out on loan
1 going or gone Tony McMahon
1 playing in midfield, Mous.
1 Garbutt should go back - terrible player.
2 Norman and Long back up at best and being kept out of the side by so called midfielders!
1 Raglan back up Centre back
2 regular Centre back Nelson and Dickie who both don’t want to be here.

So it’s no wonder we are conceding goals! We only have 3 recognised regular defenders 2 of whom want to leave!

Midfield:
=14
5 we have never seen or being totally fair shouldn’t even be on the first team sheet:
Pekalski
Spasov
Heap
Dai
Napa

Injured 3:
Carruthers
Holmes
Baptiste

Playing in defence 2
Hanson
Ruffles

Regular first team 2
Brannagan
Browne

New signings 2
Graham
Sykes

So that’s just 4 recognised fit midfielders including new signings!

Forwards 8:
Smith, already gone back

Injured:
Hall
Obika

Youth team:
Lopes
James

Regular 1st team:
Whyte
Henry
Mackie, let’s face it is coming to the end of his career and doesn’t score many goals.

So just 3 forwards in reality.

What a bloody mess KR, Tiger and all the staff have created. We are going down unless we do some serious business in Jan.

KR out!

Last edited:
You know for a club that is really serious about going you (or even staying up) that’s actually not enough!

Defenders:
=9
1 Kelleher out on loan
2 Norman and Long back up at best and being kept out of the side by so called midfielders!

So it’s no wonder we are conceding goals! We only have 3 recognised regular defenders 2 of whom want to leave!

Midfield:
=14
5 we have never seen or being totally fair shouldn’t even be on the first team sheet:
Pekalski
Spasov
Heap
Dai
Napa

Injured 3:
Carruthers
Holmes
Baptiste

Playing in defence 2
Hanson
Ruffles

Regular first team 2
Brannagan
Browne

New signings 2
Graham
Sykes

Forwards 8:
Gone
Smith

Injured:
Hall
Obika

Youth team:
Lopes
James

Regular 1st team:
Whyte
Henry
Mackie, let’s face it is coming to the end of his career and doesn’t score many goals.

What a bloody mess KR, Tiger and all the staff have created. We are going down unless we do some serious business in Jan.

KR out!

Not sure how you’ve come up with Browne and Spasov as midfielders and Henry as a forward?

It's possible that if PNE sign Jayden Stockley that Louis Moult becomes available. Not getting regular games now and would be further down the line. We have enquired into him when MaPP was here. Wouldnt harm asking PNE.

I was not suggesting that Mackie was a great player.
I was not comparing him with Roofe or John Aldridge.
I was saying that in my view ( and not based on the last couple of games where he could clearly do with a rest) he is as good as Ryan Taylor who other than the odd game was decidedly average in League 2 playing with top players at that level.
Ok you seem to think that Taylor is some player.Funny as some players get better when they leave or are injured.

I was not suggesting that Mackie was a great player.
I was not comparing him with Roofe or John Aldridge.
I was saying that in my view ( and not based on the last couple of games where he could clearly do with a rest) he is as good as Ryan Taylor who other than the odd game was decidedly average in League 2 playing with top players at that level.
Ok you seem to think that Taylor is some player.Funny as some players get better when they leave or are injured.

Said Taylor was a good player when he was with us, still think so.

What a ridiculous situation we are in when we have one fit striker who is well into his 30s and has spent most of his career out wide. Taylor is no world beater, but he is a target man, albeit not a prolific one, who would improve the team immeasurably.

Defenders:
=9
1 Kelleher out on loan

Midfield:
=14
Pekalski
Spasov
Heap
Dai
Napa

Injured 3:
Carruthers
Holmes
Baptiste

Playing in defence 2
Hanson
Ruffles

Regular first team 2
Brannagan
Browne

New signings 2
Graham
Sykes

Forwards 8:
Gone
Smith

Injured:
Hall
Obika

Youth team:
Lopes
James

Regular 1st team:
Whyte
Henry

KR out!
To be fair out of the fowards you have listed, Gone is easily the best we have.

Said Taylor was a good player when he was with us, still think so.

What a ridiculous situation we are in when we have one fit striker who is well into his 30s and has spent most of his career out wide. Taylor is no world beater, but he is a target man, albeit not a prolific one, who would improve the team immeasurably.
Agree to disagree.
He is totally injury prone and can't get in the Plymouth team.
We need far better than that.

Agree to disagree.
He is totally injury prone and can't get in the Plymouth team.
We need far better than that.
He created a number of goals Mackie could only dream of while here. Plymouth fans blamed him being injured for them falling at the last hurdle last season as they hurtled towards the playoffs.

Ryan Taylor is a better and more effective footballer than Jamie Mackie. Whether either of them are ultimately good enough is a separate matter, he’s better than Mackie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom