Transfer News January 2018 Transfer Window Rumours

captainox

Heard that Mansfield have asked about turning Hemmings loan into a permanent move in January rather than end of season.

And we are apparently interested in Jamie Hanson from Derby.

Preston have agreed a deal to sign Moult fron Motherwell once the window opens. So puts that one to bed.

Should have moved for Moult in the summer. I know its easy to say that with hindsight. Motherwell are clearly a club we scout a lot, surprised no move was made. His price will have only shot up due to his form this season.

It only really confirms what we know but I found it interesting that Pep’s interview in the Oxford Mail today reiterated that he spent no money on transfers this summer. Perhaps that means we will see a bit of spending in January.

Also wondered if Pep’s comments about maybe wanting Hemmings is just a bit of a bluff to Mansfield. Perhaps they want to sign him now and we’re just making it appear that we MIGHT want him back. However, if you were to give us £100-150k, we’d certainly consider selling him...

Still think the only reason we didn't spend in the summer was because the money coming in got here way too late to use it. I expect that to be rectified in January.
I suppose Pekalski and Mehmeti will seem like new signings as well.

Neither are old, both are around 27/28. Also, is Mehmeti injury prone? He got an injury here but does he have a history elsewhere?
In contrast to the tried and tested plan of finding new talent, honing that talent and selling for profit, yes, they are old. As for injuries, how many starts has Mehmeti had?

In contrast to the tried and tested plan of finding new talent, honing that talent and selling for profit, yes, they are old. As for injuries, how many starts has Mehmeti had?
That tried and tested plan was not possible in this window. Prices were inflated and there was no value for money. With the loans of Payne and Mowatt I expect the club are trying to work a deal like they did with Roofe and the money will be there if they need it.

That tried and tested plan was not possible in this window. Prices were inflated and there was no value for money. With the loans of Payne and Mowatt I expect the club are trying to work a deal like they did with Roofe and the money will be there if they need it.
I lack your insight. Thank you.

I don't see the point if there are no deals to be had for, as you say, young upcoming players that can be sold on for profit later. Pep's ethos of playing passing and attractive football will attract the right players and I see no reason why the money isn't there for the right players?

I don't see the point if there are no deals to be had for, as you say, young upcoming players that can be sold on for profit later. Pep's ethos of playing passing and attractive football will attract the right players and I see no reason why the money isn't there for the right players?
The point is that the club needs the income from selling players to survive. That income will fund the future. (or it would if the owner were to make those funds available) My point is that the funds are not available. If Pep Clotet really imagines that he can bring success with recycled players and cast offs from his early days then the club will lose an income source that is vital to the clubs future. Those players are more prone to injury and, as we have seen, more prone to those types of injury that keep them out of selection for longer. I applaud the design to play attractive football and welcome the opportunity to watch but, winning is what makes people excited. Getting both, with a self sustaining club, would be the road to Jerusalem.

p
The point is that the club needs the income from selling players to survive. That income will fund the future. (or it would if the owner were to make those funds available) My point is that the funds are not available. If Pep Clotet really imagines that he can bring success with recycled players and cast offs from his early days then the club will lose an income source that is vital to the clubs future. Those players are more prone to injury and, as we have seen, more prone to those types of injury that keep them out of selection for longer. I applaud the design to play attractive football and welcome the opportunity to watch but, winning is what makes people excited. Getting both, with a self sustaining club, would be the road to Jerusalem.
Let's face it if they weren't all the above those players wouldn't be playing for us notwithstanding playing for Pep is an obvious draw. It's where we are atm and we aren't so bad given all the above plus our favourite players couldn't win us a cup at Wembley sad to say.

An injury, even a bad one, doesn't make a player injury prone. Mehmeti signed late for us so had to have a pre-season while our season had started and then in his 1st start gets injured.

Even MApp said we needed more experience and 27/28 is generally considered the prime age for outfield players.

What about Eoin Doyle from Preston? Scoring for fun on loan at Oldham. Preston have made it clear they don't want to keep him. I've seen him linked to Bradford and Scunthorpe. No idea what sort of fee he would command.

I wonder if clubs have noticed our record of signing these types of player. Instead of undervaluing them, as before, they may have started inflating the price because we are looking at them.

Back
Top Bottom