Transfer News January 2018 Transfer Window Rumours

how late does a player need to sign before he can play in a game? Can Brannagan play at the weekend? When would Buckley-Ricketts need to sign by to be eligible for Walsall?

how late does a player need to sign before he can play in a game? Can Brannagan play at the weekend? When would Buckley-Ricketts need to sign by to be eligible for Walsall?
OxMail confirmed Brannagan can play on Sat, think the deadline is Fri 12:00.

The next obvious question is with the new players coming in - who goes?

I’d guess that we’ll say goodbye to one midfielder, Ledson if we receive a sizeable offer and if not then Mowatt will return to his parent club.

I’m sure we’ll see one or two departures in January.

Must admit I was a bit concerned that Pep wouldn't have the same draw as Mapp when it came to bringing in younger players... i'm quite impressed with the calibre of Dickie, brannigan and hopefully this lad from Man City

• React
Reactions: Ian

Lad from City who has been linked! Looks very similar to Napa in how he drives at defenders and close control dribbling. Could add much needed pace into this team.

Lad from City who has been linked! Looks very similar to Napa in how he drives at defenders and close control dribbling. Could add much needed pace into this team.
Hopefully if we get him in so we can send Napa back out on loan to get game time

Could Isaac Buckley-Ricketts be the player they were scouting yesterday? Currently on loan at FC Twente.

Buzzing!

Was about a week ago we were moaning about how we'd probably end up getting 37 year-olds from the Liechtenstein league.

It's not even halfway through January and we've got (potentially) 3 young British talents in a variety of positions, 2 of them permanent.

WE were moaning? I think that there were a small number 'moaning about getting 37 year olds'. Most of us really didn't believe that ....

So disappointed with Mowatt thought he'd be a key player for us this season
Me too. I thought that Mowatt, Payne and Henry would be excellent signings. Mowatt has been really disappointing and Henry has not peaked yet (hopefully).

I would think that Mowatt or Payne will be going back to their clubs.

Must admit I was a bit concerned that Pep wouldn't have the same draw as Mapp when it came to bringing in younger players... i'm quite impressed with the calibre of Dickie, brannigan and hopefully this lad from Man City
Pep is seen as a good coach.

In addition Oxford try to play good football (and play out from the back). I would imagine that the last thing that a Premiership team want to do with a promising player is to send them to a club that play long ball- totally contrary to how they will play if/ when they return to their parent club.

So with Pep/ DF plus a team that try and play the right way, I could see that higher clubs may well think that OUFC is a decent place to send a player.

Buzzing!

Was about a week ago we were moaning about how we'd probably end up getting 37 year-olds from the Liechtenstein league.

It's not even halfway through January and we've got (potentially) 3 young British talents in a variety of positions, 2 of them permanent.

WE were moaning? I think that there were a small number 'moaning about getting 37 year olds'. Most of us really didn't believe that ....
I think many people did not take into account the need to get bodies in the building who had 1st team experience and who Pep already had a relationship with to fast track bedding in..and over reacted to over 30 year old players...this has been the 1st chance to carry out the in depth scouting we are known for and get some long term targets imo

I think many people did not take into account the need to get bodies in the building who had 1st team experience and who Pep already had a relationship with to fast track bedding in..and over reacted to over 30 year old players...this has been the 1st chance to carry out the in depth scouting we are known for and get some long term targets imo

I agree, and I think you can only really judge a manager after they've had a few transfer windows. Appleton turned out a great appointment, whose success was largely down to the players he brought in, but let's not forget some of the signings he made first season....Howard, Campbell, Hoskins, Jakubiak, Gnanduillet, (George) Long, Burns and Rasulo, to name a few.

It's no surprise that things got better over time, and with Brannagan announced today, I think we can be excited about recruitment again.

I agree, and I think you can only really judge a manager after they've had a few transfer windows. Appleton turned out a great appointment, whose success was largely down to the players he brought in, but let's not forget some of the signings he made first season....Howard, Campbell, Hoskins, Jakubiak, Gnanduillet, (George) Long, Burns and Rasulo, to name a few.

It's no surprise that things got better over time, and with Brannagan announced today, I think we can be excited about recruitment again.

This may be an unpopular opinion but some of those players on paper should have been good signings, Howard, Hoskins, George Long, Burns and Rasulo all had good pedigrees/promising reviews it just didn't work out. I remember being buzzing about signing Hoskins and Long

Back
Top Bottom