Transfer News January 2018 Transfer Window Rumours

Drew Talbot just left Pompey by mutual consent. One I’ve been impressed by when I’ve seen him, would you take him?

quite::::: perhaps they should shut the gates and throw away the keys then forget about being a football club

The point is that the club needs the income from selling players to survive. That income will fund the future. (or it would if the owner were to make those funds available) My point is that the funds are not available. If Pep Clotet really imagines that he can bring success with recycled players and cast offs from his early days then the club will lose an income source that is vital to the clubs future. Those players are more prone to injury and, as we have seen, more prone to those types of injury that keep them out of selection for longer. I applaud the design to play attractive football and welcome the opportunity to watch but, winning is what makes people excited. Getting both, with a self sustaining club, would be the road to Jerusalem.
I think that's the road to Damascus, not Jerusalem isn't it?

Only if quality is available....clothead already coming out with mild excuses why players won’t come in, whilst slippery comes out with his usual Christmas period promise/rubbish of 2/3 players being lined up.

I’ve just noticed that Ricky Miller has been transfer listed by Peterborough. We were strongly rumoured to be in for him at the time. Iirc Posh received an offer for him after he had only just signed for them, which was rumoured to be from us. It obviously hasn’t worked out for him there, could be worth a gamble...

Watched Mo Eisa on Boxing Day against Yeovil. Nothing special, really, so his brother needs to be better.

I’ve just noticed that Ricky Miller has been transfer listed by Peterborough. We were strongly rumoured to be in for him at the time. Iirc Posh received an offer for him after he had only just signed for them, which was rumoured to be from us. It obviously hasn’t worked out for him there, could be worth a gamble...

No offence to the lad, I don’t know much about him, but his goal scoring stats suggest National league his his level at the moment? Would probably benefit from a move to league 2 at best. Wonder if we still have an interest in FGRs Doidge.

No offence to the lad, I don’t know much about him, but his goal scoring stats suggest National league his his level at the moment? Would probably benefit from a move to league 2 at best. Wonder if we still have an interest in FGRs Doidge.
Hopefully we do, 11 goals for the team rock bottom of the football league is really good. What else would we need to bring in aswell as a striker? Winger and a fullback are a must in my opinion,maybe another centre-back aswell.

Forget Doidge. He will command a very tidy sum (more that we want to pay). I would be surprised if he really would want to come here. As we all know, We’ve lost our mojo (?disclaimer. Mojo is not one of our players).

Back
Top Bottom