General Jan transfer window

great question Jerome ... vice chairman squirming & not answering what he was asked

and another good Q too, with an evasive response, not an answer

bit of a snake is the vice chairman IMO ... slithering away from answering questions asked- wish Jerome would push n probe him a bit more though
What is being asked for those unable to listen

Zaki on RadOx not covering himself in glory. Just saying 'move on, guys'.

Agree.

Forgive us, Zaki, if we really don't give two shits in a bottle about launching the careers of two young players...on account of being Oxford, not Brentford fans.

Absolutely belying his comprehension of the reality of Division 3 football.

Zaki on RadOx not covering himself in glory. Just saying 'move on, guys'.

Pretty much confirmed that the fee for Baptiste is accurate after all, just that a lot more could be added in the future with the clauses that have been added.

I'm still a bit peeved we couldn't beat Coventry in the Checkatrade Trophy final. 'Move on' is not the best thing you can say to a football fan.

What is being asked for those unable to listen
Recruitment/ letting players go (cheap) /not replacing them or bringing in required players/ ambition for promotion
and hes swerving giving answers to whats been directly asked

best question asked by Jerome (IMO) why didnt the club insist that the (fosu) buyout clause could not be activated in last week of a transfer window?.... vice chairman fudged n waffled, but didnt actually answer that one

Last edited:
I have seen many pretty useless players Mackie is far from useless. As a player that plays up top he has been highly effective this season. How many goals have we scored this season?
We have scored lots, he hasn't, and for a striker his return is unacceptable for a team chasing promotion, I stand by my comments having seen plenty of him.

Anyone catch KRs pre match team news on rad ox?? I may have miss heard thought he said he had statement from the board that was very disrespecful but will stay between him and the club?

Pretty typical of this board really, always happy to give it the big one and spin a yarn, but certainly not ready to take the criticism when they are called out for their bullshit.

Anyone catch KRs pre match team news on rad ox?? I may have miss heard thought he said he had statement from the board that was very disrespecful but will stay between him and the club?
Just listening to it online. Think he said he received a statement from another club, prob Sunderland, which he thought was disrespectful

I thought he said the statement he wasn't happy with was from someone 'outside the building', not the fans, nobody connected to the club.

No, didn't say 'the board'.

He said either 'a football club' or 'the football club', and I didn't hear quite which.

I assumed therefore that it was from a rival club rejecting a bid e.g. Sunderland / Grigg.

I wish Jerome had clarifed it, though.

Looking at are situation and comparing to Brentford it’s obvious to see we have similar strategies about buying and selling players. Obviously we look to Scotland Ireland non league etc and they look at league 1 and 2. If you look at history it wasn’t to long ago we were at there level and maybe even slightly bigger. They have built up the same way we are building and looking like maybe getting a cash windfall of over 90 million if they get promoted. Surely we can learn of them? I get it’s expensive to get promoted to the championship but if we kept hold of baptiste till summer (which we honestly could off) and built a little bit with the striker rb position we could easily be in the position Brentford are now as in in the championship. Baptiste Branagan dickie etc value would off gone up massively and we could of sold for a lot more do are thing find academy players with talent and for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out build them up and keep this buy sell model going but with more money involved keep investing and we could be looking at playoffs/automatics like Brentford are now and tiger could probably afford a upgraded bow tie and we could have that extra 90/120 mill in the bank. Before any one shoots me down I’m not saying that would off happened but there has to be lessons learnt from this and as much as I like are buy and sell model I’m a bit envious of Brentford I have to admit

No, didn't say 'the board'.

He said either 'a football club' or 'the football club', and I didn't hear quite which.

I assumed therefore that it was from a rival club rejecting a bid e.g. Sunderland / Grigg.

I wish Jerome had clarifed it, though.

I rewound to listen to it three times, and I'm no closer to understanding who he's pissed off with!

Well I’ve just listened to the interview from Zaki and don't see the issue apart from the release clause part.
Perhaps it’s something OUFC may now consider in the future, ie learn from past mistakes.
Essentially he said we have taken some money now to offset some large expenditures, ie stadium charge and training ground and he’s hopeful that Baptiste will earn Oxford a lot more in the future in add ons.

Looking at are situation and comparing to Brentford it’s obvious to see we have similar strategies about buying and selling players. Obviously we look to Scotland Ireland non league etc and they look at league 1 and 2. If you look at history it wasn’t to long ago we were at there level and maybe even slightly bigger. They have built up the same way we are building and looking like maybe getting a cash windfall of over 90 million if they get promoted. Surely we can learn of them? I get it’s expensive to get promoted to the championship but if we kept hold of baptiste till summer (which we honestly could off) and built a little bit with the striker rb position we could easily be in the position Brentford are now as in in the championship. Baptiste Branagan dickie etc value would off gone up massively and we could of sold for a lot more do are thing find academy players with talent and for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out build them up and keep this buy sell model going but with more money involved keep investing and we could be looking at playoffs/automatics like Brentford are now and tiger could probably afford a upgraded bow tie and we could have that extra 90/120 mill in the bank. Before any one shoots me down I’m not saying that would off happened but there has to be lessons learnt from this and as much as I like are buy and sell model I’m a bit envious of Brentford I have to admit

Brentford's model is brilliant and they way they run things is something Oxford should consider. I read an in depth article about their set up (abandoning the academy structure and investing in a B team that travels across Europe playing any and all- finding players cheap, developing them in the B team and moving them to the senior squad when they sell their front line players) and was really impressed.

What he’
Well I’ve just listened to the interview from Zaki and don't see the issue apart from the release clause part.
Perhaps it’s something OUFC may now consider in the future, ie learn from past mistakes.
Essentially he said we have taken some money now to offset some large expenditures, ie stadium charge and training ground and he’s hopeful that Baptiste will earn Oxford a lot more in the future in add ons.
To be fair I havent listened to the interview, Id be grateful if someone could post a link, but that doesnt really explain to me the change in strategy? They knew about the stadium charge and training ground expenses back in December when, as I understood it, Zaki said we didnt need to sell anyone? Was it the players really pushing to get away?

Back
Top Bottom