General Jan transfer window

KR after the game on Saturday was making noises which made me think a playoff place would be a bonus

I wish I could hear it back but it sounded like what a fantastic season we’ve had beating WHU drawing with Newcastle playing well against City, good cup runs selling out 4 times and if we don’t go up it our fans will have had a great time watching great football or words to that effect.

In fact this season reminds me of Jim Smiths second year (first time round )when we had great cup runs but fell short and fell away second half of the season.

The difference here is that JS didn’t have to sell and could build a squad, maybe that will happen in the future but because we haven’t strengthened especially up front I can see us making playoffs at best and then who knows.

It does kind of seem like we've seen the form table over the past couple of weeks. We've seen the Sunderlands, Conventrys and Rotherhams come into major contention and invest accordingly. We've looked at the odds and thought that we don't fancy it.

If we'd have continued the run and been 1st/2nd/3rd, I think we would have pushed the boat out. Instead we're now sitting on our hands, half hoping for a playoff spot, but mostly just preparing for next season already. Sell a couple of our best while they're performing at a good level, and prepare to invest in the summer again.

If that is the case (and it might not be, we could just have had a very incompetent week), then I hope we're at least prepared to give opportunities to youth should we slip away from the Top 6 even further.

We still have a good enough team to make the play offs, although admittedly with weak back up in certain positions. But in a bang average division this season it can still be done. The board seem to have shown their hand that they don't want promotion having had their fingers burnt with a previous team ownership of a Championship side, it would be interesting to hear what they say if we do manage it. Spotlight back on the board again, the goodness on the pitch has diverted the attention away from them in recent months, but at the back of everyone's mind is still what exactly do they want with our club? Having covered this years losses with the Whyte sale the cup run bonuses and now the SB undervalue sale does feel like they are clawing some of their money back which is fine but goes against everything that they have been saying. Maybe the ground development plans aren't going well and they are getting cold feet? We kind of need to know because there isn't much time to go before we actually need to start building a new ground, and there is actually no guarantee that a new lease for the Kassam Stadium will be offered if FK can knock it down instead for mega millions, and we can't rule that out now that he has agreed to do up the Priory and he is looking to get surveys done. The only constant will be fans support, and let's face it we have been in far worse situations than we are at the moment.
Thought we got another 25 years on the lease automatically if we want it

With so many plauers released by their clubs surely KR must realise there are options there????
Leon Best and Josh Clarke? If fans can come up with suggestions then surely our much vaulted "Recruitment team" could find suitable desperately needed replacements. Many players have been released from their contracts. Even our inept board couldn't block that.

It does kind of seem like we've seen the form table over the past couple of weeks. We've seen the Sunderlands, Conventrys and Rotherhams come into major contention and invest accordingly. We've looked at the odds and thought that we don't fancy it.

If we'd have continued the run and been 1st/2nd/3rd, I think we would have pushed the boat out. Instead we're now sitting on our hands, half hoping for a playoff spot, but mostly just preparing for next season already. Sell a couple of our best while they're performing at a good level, and prepare to invest in the summer again.

If that is the case (and it might not be, we could just have had a very incompetent week), then I hope we're at least prepared to give opportunities to youth should we slip away from the Top 6 even further.

We hear this every f*****g season! You know, we enhanced our team last January, strengthen in the summer for a good push this season.

I say, strike whilst the irons are hot as you never know what the future holds.

With so many plauers released by their clubs surely KR must realise there are options there????
Leon Best and Josh Clarke? If fans can come up with suggestions then surely our much vaulted "Recruitment team" could find suitable desperately needed replacements. Many players have been released from their contracts. Even our inept board couldn't block that.

Leon Best? 10 years ago maybe, but not any more!

its not one that I’ve been privy to if it is happening tbh.
Although after yesterday’s events it’s probably best to not rule out Clarke being paraded on the pitch pre-match!

EC, you clearly have the ear of someone at the club. Please get them looking at free agents, who will not command a fee.

Start with Josh Clarke and Leon Best. You owe it to your fans, who don't have your contacts.

Im sure they can find them. Getting Tiger to free the moths from his wallet to pay for them is another matter.

What is a bit baffling is that even in his interview for ifollow which seems to have been done on Wed/ Thursday KR is still very adamant he needs a RB a striker and one other “in another area”.
Two days on and the club were unable to make any of that happen
And he had already let Hall go out on loan. I can’t see why he would have done that knowing our other winger was going to leave. I don’t think he could have known until quite late on.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom