General Jan transfer window

The current board clearly want to make a little bit of money on the side with us

Its a issue that requires a Deuz ex machina for us a solution seemingly improbable but happens anyway. In the form of a board with deep enough pockets to bankroll us at a loss until we get the aformentioned problems solved. As we can see from todays debarkle this board are not the one. The only way they are is if we somehow do a burton albion or a leicester and pull somthing improbable off and stick it. eg stay up for more than 2 seasons in the championship forcing the board into investing in the squad improving the stadium (kassam) unfortunatley or sell (but we are a championship team) So more attractive to sombody to actually fulfill promises eg: Build new stadium.. plus then council helps us with land because of the "fame" of the team instead of not really being that bothered. Alot of things have to fall into place we could do it with a miracle on constistancy on the pitch with players that are not really the standard but as a team are amazing. (My prefered Method) or a white knight chairman with tons of cash.. Sorry if rambling I hope it makes sense. I blame long day and drink.
How are they going to make money?

There’s being careful with the finances, and there’s settling for an absolute pittance.

We are notoriously bad at negotiating fair prices. Look what Peterborough manage to wangle for their journeymen strikers!
Which 'journeyman strikers'?
Assume you are not referring to Toney?
Or it's a wind up?

obviously everyone is upset atm but would you honestly rather we chuck money at players we don’t see improving the current starting XI...

How many chairman would sell 2 assets on deadline day and not have signed any player in 2 key positions we are short on if they were really chasing promotion though?
I'm suggesting they are chasing promotion with an eye on keeping losses down, wouldn't it be sensible to be careful until there is light at the end of the tunnel with the Stadium?

Dissapointing that one min we could but won't spend very decent money to get Cadden, next we don't have enough to sign a half decent forward and even with selling 2 more players don't have anyone lined up. I'm positive and lets play some of our own youth. Maybe we all just got carrried away...we were so so close to having a fantastic fantastic squad....imagine if we ha kept Whyte !

How are they going to make money?
They either make money like our board now cup runs sell a few players.. Cash out with a few mil.(which I expect) Or if the improbable things happen like I mentioned we somehow get promoted and stay in the championship when we have no buisness being there really. Then getting planning for a new stadium becomes easier due to the success of the team council veiw us as an asset to the city and help us out.. Or we find owners rich enough to do the lot with money. They invest alot at a loss we make the championship they build a new ground we establish ourselves in the league. Either way is improbable.

how many would see their club in with a decent shout then sell 2 of their assets and then ignore their managers words of the need to strengthen in certain areas 1%?
Around xmas time last year nobody would have quoted kr for justification to argue the club to strengthen! Managers always want one more!

I'm suggesting they are chasing promotion with an eye on keeping losses down, wouldn't it be sensible to be careful until there is light at the end of the tunnel with the Stadium?

Keeping losses down, we already have this season with 3 10k attendances in a row, 1 sell out, cup and TV money. There is no excuse any one can give me that will change my mind. The board have failed not signing another striker and a rb.

The championship would not get us in the black. Lets not kid ourselves. Yes full stadiums maybe we don't get hardly anything from the stadium. Players will expect higher wages or any we sign to keep us in there. The championship mandates ground improvements New floodlights more policing seating requirements etc. Will Kassam chip in? lol the club would have to pay the lot improving the stadium for Kassam.. Knowing him he would put the rent up even more.. Of course I want oxford to make the championship we have to be in the right position to stay there though.. Unless our owners really want to support the club with their money. As we can see they are not too keen. If we had our own stadium it would be a different story. on a positive note if we build up abit of money then things might move forward. Don't get me wrong I want us to be there next season and maybe if we make it with our skeleton crew tiger and his cubs may come through for us. The championship is not the key to balancing the books.
That's a bit gloomy. Am pretty sure the stadium meets championship regulatory standards or is very close. Championship football = a guaranteed £7m from the basic award plus solidarity payment (Vs less than £2m in league 1). And all TV games are at least 3 x more valuable with lots more of them too. It's very easy to lose money in the championship if reckless but also more scope to get into the black if canny. It's very hard to imagine the owners having any motivation to avoid promotion as some on here suggest.

Going forward I have read a few posts stating how will tiger and Co make money okay so if we don't go up which seems highly unlikely at this point in time a few points off the leading pack now when we could have been top over Xmas. Brannagan and dickie will be next out the door in the summer now brannagan is worth a lot of money and dickie was rumoured over 2million from Derby now there's some profit...

Back
Top Bottom