General Jan transfer window

With Hall, Atkinson and Agyei all going out on loan the squad looks very, very threadbare.

Agyei is still with us.

KR in yesterday's OM suggested that Agyei needs some time away on loan but that was coupled with not having another forward.

I would suggest that if we got a striker in, only then would Agyei go.

Robinson has continually kept on about the squad not being big enough to really cover injuries or suspensions. The squad loss of Fosu and Baptiste means that the squad is even less able to cover such things. If the full back and forwards are the ones rumoured then both are "for the future" and not immediate replacements. With Hall, Atkinson and Agyei all going out on loan the squad looks very, very threadbare.
The morale of the squad must have taken a hit as well. They were all geared up for a promotion push when two of the better players are off loaded with little sign of direct replacements.
This has not been a well timed move.

Whilst I absolutely agree the timing is bad. If I was one of the other players competing for either of their position, I'd take it as an opportunity to make the spot my own. Also, we already have the replacements in with Thorne and Kelly (with Woodburn to comeback as well) in Baptiste's position and Holland/Browne (with Forde to comeback) alongside Sykes and Henry able to play wide replacing Fosu.

I don't think it will affect morale particularly if the team morale has been as said throughout the season and majority of them have been around to see this happen before.

Depends

If two clubs come forward there may be a bidding war

what?

so we get a call...hi xx from xxx here i know you accepted 3m+ (coughs) for your lad but we'll give you 5m what do you say !!!! 2nd line rings yyy here will give you 6m

ok then me no think so

Liam Kelly and Gorge Thorne for Baptiste.
Marcus Browne and Holland for Fosu.
Hall has gone out, so Browne and Holland have left us with no extra bodies if Fosu goes. It’s two in and two out on the wings.

Thorne was already here in the treatment room so it‘s a little bit of a stretch to say that him signing on until the end of the season is a ‘new’ body over what we’ve had. Kelly replaces Baptiste if he goes, so one in one out.

Cadden hasn’t been replaced, so one out none in currently. Atkinson came in and then went straight back out on loan while the door was still spinning.

At this moment in time the squad is one player smaller than it was on January 1. Hopefully in a few hours it won’t be.

Having read Horsemans multiple posts... I now see a way to achieve what he wants.

A team of multi-million pound crocks!

Can we get Harry Kane on loan whilst he recovers from injury?

Hall has gone out, so Browne and Holland have left us with no extra bodies if Fosu goes. It’s two in and two out on the wings.

Thorne was already here in the treatment room so it‘s a little bit of a stretch to say that him signing on until the end of the season is a ‘new’ body over what we’ve had. Kelly replaces Baptiste if he goes, so one in one out.

Cadden hasn’t been replaced, so one out none in currently. Atkinson came in and then went straight back out on loan while the door was still spinning.

At this moment in time the squad is one player smaller than it was on January 1. Hopefully in a few hours it won’t be.
Very much this. And he's stated he would rather send Agyei out on loan, meaning we're clearly requiring a striker.

As we all knew, we're in need of a striker and a right back, let's hope we get them in.

Very much this. And he's stated he would rather send Agyei out on loan, meaning we're clearly requiring a striker.

As we all knew, we're in need of a striker and a right back, let's hope we get them in.
If we get a right back and a striker in, and Agyei goes on loan as a result, then at least in terms of bodies the squad isn’t any smaller than at the start of January and we’re another month closer to players like Henry, Woodburn, Taylor, Forde, Hanson, Thorne etc being available. It looks like two or three of those might already be back now / by next week, so that’s positive. In terms of where we are regarding the like-for-like quality of the ins and outs, we won’t know until we know exactly who comes in if anybody.

If nothing else it’s going to be an intriguing evening. Pop the kettle on.

Thorne maybe not a 'new body ' but he can actually play now so like a new signing

Having read Horsemans multiple posts... I now see a way to achieve what he wants.

A team of multi-million pound crocks!

Can we get Harry Kane on loan whilst he recovers from injury?

Wrong assumption

listen i am more than happy to remove myself from this forum and leave it to the rose tinted glasses to be jolly together if other views are not wanted.

Yeah the injuries probably make us look a bit threadbare than we are, but realistically the squad isn't that bad before you even start looking at the U23s and the likes of Jones and Lofthouse.

Really could do with defensive cover, especially with regard to a fullback and a maybe an out and out striker more than the two positions we're weakening by Fosu and Baptiste potentially leaving. There's plenty of players who are adaptable enough to play across a few different areas.

GK - Eastwood, Stevens
FB - Ruffels, Long, Hanson
CB - Mous, Moore, Dickie (Atkinson loan)
CM - Rodriguez, Brannagan, Forde, Henry, Sykes, Hanson, Thorne, Kelly
WM - Woodburn, Forde, Henry, Sykes, Napa, Agyei, Holland, Brown (Hall loan)
ST - Taylor, Woodburn, Mackie, Agyei, Browne, Napa

Back
Top Bottom