General Jan transfer window

Are you serious?

Nobody has asked the board to spunk thousands/millions on players

what most are saying is don't spout s**t about ambition/promotion then sell 2 players a few hours from deadline day when in with a real chance of promotion

The manager asked to show we are a big club, was he asking or expecting millions to be spent?

Have the board failed him and the fans on this matter?
I would suggest the team is quite an improvement on last season wouldn't you? Steady progress.
It's not luck we are in this better position.

How big a loss every year is reasonable then?
We're 2m from sustainability at the moment!
I'm sure the board would like to go up but what is a reasonable loss every year to risk?

All valid points and I'm not disagreeing with you....
What I am slightly miffed about is the timing. I'm sure they were budgeted for at the beginning of the year, so why now (last day of the transfer window) why upset the apple cart in the midfield on a promotion run ?
Fosu/Baptiste are still contracted next year, why not sell to balance the books close season?

Love this flapping. Gawd bless the lot of ya.

Not bothered re Baptiste, sort of over it now. Thorne could be some player if fit and as said, loads of strength in depth. Let's get a wing back and a striker.

All valid points and I'm not disagreeing with you....
What I am slightly miffed about is the timing. I'm sure they were budgeted for at the beginning of the year, so why now (last day of the transfer window) why upset the apple cart in the midfield on a promotion run ?
Fosu/Baptiste are still contracted next year, why not sell to balance the books close season?
Perhaps they thought priority was to help finance right back and striker. If fosu wanted to go didn't he have a get out clause?

I'm talking about Nahki Wells to Bristol City.
yes i know but you added Done deal, should get Taylor now, help soften the blow.

Taylor had an option to sign in Jan on the table but according to alleged itk on here he has not done so and the club were making other positions a priority

Perhaps they thought priority was to help finance right back and striker. If fosu wanted to go didn't he have a get out clause?

That is fine if they are going to finance a couple inbound as you say but the noises from KR tells a different story...
Hope your right though...

Robinson has continually kept on about the squad not being big enough to really cover injuries or suspensions. The squad loss of Fosu and Baptiste means that the squad is even less able to cover such things. If the full back and forwards are the ones rumoured then both are "for the future" and not immediate replacements. With Hall, Atkinson and Agyei all going out on loan the squad looks very, very threadbare.
The morale of the squad must have taken a hit as well. They were all geared up for a promotion push when two of the better players are off loaded with little sign of direct replacements.
This has not been a well timed move.

Robinson has continually kept on about the squad not being big enough to really cover injuries or suspensions. The squad loss of Fosu and Baptiste means that the squad is even less able to cover such things. If the full back and forwards are the ones rumoured then both are "for the future" and not immediate replacements. With Hall, Atkinson and Agyei all going out on loan the squad looks very, very threadbare.
The morale of the squad must have taken a hit as well. They were all geared up for a promotion push when two of the better players are off loaded with little sign of direct replacements.
This has not been a well timed move.
Liam Kelly and Gorge Thorne for Baptiste.
Marcus Browne and Holland for Fosu.

Does this put us in an even worse position?

If the money for Shannon was being used for other players that will now not happen and yet Shannon may move very late in the transfer window leaving us with nobody coming in

Back
Top Bottom