General Jan transfer window

And (judging by West Ham's finances) sometimes inside of it as well!

Given the stadium deal and prem money how have are they losing money and being dogshit? I mean we beat them 4-0 so it can’t be because they spent money on a quality squad.

Just had a horrible thought.....didn't 'ol Salmon Pants have his snout in the trough at Brentford a while back? I hope he's not back in their fold having turned tail at Sunderland and I sincerely hope the Baptiste/Fosu deal hasn't got his trotters all over it....

Newcastle seem to be going strong in the window but missing out on Giroud...might be just as diff team as ours next week....that p/t twit Moose on twitsport said someone called Totu Henry was leaving us..was is it about footballers names that people can't proofread with their brains!
Only players registered by the first game can play.

but what is the long term vision then?
I think that the long term vision on the pitch is relatively clear.
As we do how, buy talented young players, develop them.
The big investment though is in the academy.
If you are talking long term, then bring on our own players to play in the first team added to what we are currently doing.
The Jones, Lopes, Spasov, Goodram's of this world will hopefully in the next couple of years be good enough.
There seem to be a lot more coming through.
So there is a lot of money being put onto the. Club that has taken time to bear fruit.
I am surprised that this appears to be missed when discussing the sale of 2 players

and it comes across like we have just accepted offers with no real negotiation.
Where does it come across like that? On yellows forum?
It was said that we had a 'number of offers' for Baptiste.
Onntusy hasis, I assume that we did negotiate the best deal?

I'm all for devlop/sell players for sustainability, but smacks a bit on the last day of the window and the push for promotion.
Yes we have cover in the midfield but still makes me feel does the board want to go up this year?

It will really P**s me off if we do not get a striker in!

I don't think anyone complains about the model we have.

The timing of this is horrendous.

Agents again, are at the centre of this, especially in one of the player's cases. So I'm all cool with players leaving especially if they are getting too big for their boots - but you have to replace them adequately otherwise it isn't good business for a side, 'wanting' promotion. I was aware that January we'd kick on if the side were challenging, that assertion was wrong then.

Bringing in Browne was good and is a short term investment for five months - but he will probably leave again at the expiry of his loan. We went and got Kelly - not played yet, Thorne - hardly played, Hollands - hardly played, Atkinson - sent off out on loan, Cadden - and the big 'bid'............never happened, it's not been a great window for a club wanting to be ambitious. Now we're going to cash in on two players.

Yes, of course, the club might bring in people, but we needed a RB and Forward, well before this news broke last night.

I found it rather galling that the positive from Karl last night, as good as that man has been, was to try and spin a return for Ben Woodburn in 3-4 weeks time.

I was surprised about 2 players going out but do people want the board to be sensible with oufc finances?

Sensible - yes.

Absolute pushovers - no thanks.

Young full international, world at his feet, under a 3-year contract, hasn’t requested a move, several clubs interested; there needs at least to be high-stakes auction, not the acceptance of the very first bid that comes along.

Wigan (way down in Division 2) have just peddled a DEFENDER to Milan for £10m for flip’s sake!

Back
Top Bottom