General Jan transfer window

Mrs Lounger and I retired last night cursing the board and the events of the evening but, waking this morning and thinking about the whole situation we both agreed that, on the whole, things may not be at catastrophe levels, yet. However, it is galling that, again, the promoted ambitions of the club, board and the long desired aims of the support, seem to have been dashed.
Yes, OUFC is not a big player in the football world but, Tiger (and the board?) have consistently broadcast their ambition to achieve promotion to the next level and maybe even to the Premiership.
We just wonder how that is to be achieved when the club, apparently, has so little control over how the business of player transactions is managed?
To hear this morning that a player that we have courted for a month, has declined a move on personal grounds, and this despite his club agreeing a fee, is yet another question mark over the current recruitment and how poorly we manage expectations amongst supporters.

I was always taught that if you've got nothing to say, say nothing.
Let us all hope and expect, a couple of good surprises later today. And, a bloody good win tomorrow.

They have left the building and that's the end of it. Henry being available again is something to look forward to tomorrow.

I might be alone in not being too fussed about losing either Fosu or Baptiste.
Baptiste has a poor injury record and I can’t see this improving as he gets older. He probably wouldn’t get in our strongest team either.
Fosu shows some magic moments but seems to slow down our break always and never beats a player for speed. He always checks back and it’s frustrating.
Looking forward to seeing if a striker can be signed though.

Don't you think the board's intention is steady progress? Do we want the club to continue to lose 2m a year? Wouldn't losing nearer 1m a year be preferable with still a chance of getting promoted?

At 10:30 last night I decided not to look at this forum or any OUFC related articles until 8pm tonight as this transfer anguish is too much to bare.

What a waste of fore thought that was. This is the 20th time I have checked the internet today for any news of signings. I'm going to give myself a bloody heart attack.

At 10:30 last night I decided not to look at this forum or any OUFC related articles until 8pm tonight as this transfer anguish is too much to bare.

What a waste of fore thought that was. This is the 20th time I have checked the internet today for any news of signings. I'm going to give myself a bloody heart attack.
Join the queue.

I decided to take a day off work as i cant resist checking for news every two minutes. Plus its my birthday so i may well take the advice posted above and just go and get pissed!

big fish in a tiny pool are Celtic... if they were playing in England, at best theyd be mid table championship IMO .... with one or two exceptions, most of their players would be of that level too, again IMO :sneaky:
Championship teams are not motivated to keep the price low in the media. That division is increasingly awash with cash as everyone knows.

You are taking an extremely lop sided view in the presence of the same info as everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom