General Jan transfer window

The interview on the 5 minute forum sounded pretty level.

The bid came in, Fosu has release clause met, decides to go.

A good bid comes in for Shandon, with good add ons, he knows Brentford as almost joined them before, they have a good record of developing and selling on players like ourselves. We could get a promotion bonus and/or a very good amount when sold. He has had a couple of bad injuries so we probably didn’t want to miss out on the money. Also we don’t want to stand in the way of a young players progression or we won’t keep attracting the talent we are.

I can’t see Fosu playing much and wouldn’t be surprised to seem him in League 1 again in a season or two. I wish him the best of luck but we were a stepping stone for him in his mind as his release clause shows.

Baptiste I feel gutted that we won’t see him develop further here at Oxford but it is a good move for him. If he stays injury free he will become a premier league player. He has the most potential out of our whole squad but he is not the most important this season.

If we want promotion this season we need to keep Branagan, Dickie and Gorin and ideally add a goalscorer as Matty Taylor is obviously not able to play injury free consistently. I think an attacking full back, left or right, will add the outlet we have missed since Cadden left.

I don’t feel we should be all doom and gloom we still have a great chance of making the play offs or even automatic if we can start scoring goals again.

It’s all about cash flow. Tiger has never had the money he claimed. He’s cashed in on assets as soon as he can. He’s just been very very lucky that so many good players have come his way. If anyone actually believed that Tiger was investing for the future, today is the day you can officially stop believing. Unbelievably stupid decision to sell on the day before deadline day. If he had any ambition/long term vision at all, he would have turned down the Baptiste offer (I accept Fosu may well have gone anyway, given the clause), as Baptiste would still be worth £3m+ in the Summer. Feel sorry for KR.
Fosu - Inconsistent and Browne and Holland are better.

Baptiste - Young, unproven at a higher level, had a savage injury and doesnt even start when we are full strength.

One thing I will officially stop believing today is 99% of the shite on this forum.

we’re all pissed off tonight but guessing the actual amount or making stuff up/speculating about Tigers intentions isn’t really helpful at the moment.
the windows still open, we’ve got an fa cup game to play and still in a healthy position in the league so let’s see what happens over the next few months

Really depressing. My 7 year old loves both Fosu and Baptiste. Had to try to explain to him that they were both leaving in the midst of a promotion bid. His face fell. (He could accept people leaving between seasons, but now?) No wonder so many youngsters support the big clubs. Smaller clubs get almost no time from their better players these days.

Fact of life for a club of our stature letting our best players go for less than they’re probably worth. We have to stay sustainable financially.
Baptiste has yet to fulfill his potential and is injury prone so not a direct loss to us. I think Browne and Holland are players are seen as players of greater potential than certainly Fosu
(In fairness to Fosu a lot was asked of him during our injury crisis)

Theres still just over 25 hours to go if not then definitely in the summer

Just seen the transfer news abit gutted tbh.. As long as we get 2 or more in may be ok.. Will see I suppose. Sombody decent up front ad cover for taylor.

Wait till tomorrow because if the 3 million fee for both is true then if I was a owner of a club I’m thinking I could get Dickie for a million and Brannagan for about 2 I’d be getting pretty excited at potential bargains tbh. The chairman clearly doesn’t even negotiate deals sounds to me the first bid for whyte was accepted and the same with Baptiste and Fosu
Is that all fact?
Fosu had a bit out
You never know both could fail there medicals
Baptiste especially

we’re all pissed off tonight but guessing the actual amount or making stuff up/speculating about Tigers intentions isn’t really helpful at the moment.
the windows still open, we’ve got an fa cup game to play and still in a healthy position in the league so let’s see what happens over the next few months

Speculating? i think it's more a case of debating with the evidence in front of us

Robbo the board need to show we are a big club

28 hours before the window closes 2 of our players are having medicals

Robbo it's unlikely we'll do anything now and also states if another player goes he will consider his position

Is that all fact?
Fosu had a bit out

Baptiste especially
Not fact I was going off what sky sports were reporting Karl Robinson says it’s more but I guess it’s who u believe (I hadn’t heard Karl at the time of original post)

The most alarming thing for me was that it didn’t sound like there would be incomings tomorrow. Robbo said Grigg was unlikely and the other player we had bid for had turned us down. He also said it wasn’t really the time to invest in players so looks like another loan or two at best.
To be fair when he says we are nailed on for a signing it falls through and he gets loads of grief on here. Maybe be is bluffing!

Back
Top Bottom