General Jan transfer window

Assuming both rumours have a bit of truth in them, why on earth would we do business with Brentford when Celtic are also offering 3 million for Baptiste? It's not like "we'll take Fosu off your hands for free" is a good bargaining chip.

The Celtic one? Well if that's true then it's bye-bye Shandon I imagine...though I hope we'll negotiate hard as well (end result "undisclosed" then). Any good right-backs or strikers at Celtic?

Assuming both rumours have a bit of truth in them, why on earth would we do business with Brentford when Celtic are also offering 3 million for Baptiste? It's not like "we'll take Fosu off your hands for free" is a good bargaining chip.

The Celtic one? Well if that's true then it's bye-bye Shandon I imagine...though I hope we'll negotiate hard as well (end result "undisclosed" then).Any good right-backs or strikers at Celtic ?

big fish in a tiny pool are Celtic... if they were playing in England, at best theyd be mid table championship IMO .... with one or two exceptions, most of their players would be of that level too, again IMO :sneaky:

Agree on the £4 million mark and get some good add ons would be decent amount for Shandon. Especially considering he hasn't played many games in his career and has had a few injuries. Oxford still play good without him minus the magic moments he brings.

The 5 minute fans forum on RadOx tonight could be interesting!

Not sure who’s on duty......

big fish in a tiny pool are Celtic... if they were playing in England, at best theyd be mid table championship IMO .... with one or two exceptions, most of their players would be of that level too, again IMO :sneaky:

The Celtic one? Well if that's true then it's bye-bye Shandon I imagine...though I hope we'll negotiate hard as well (end result "undisclosed" then). Any good right-backs or strikers at Celtic?
I think it would be a disaster if we lost Shandon. Not as much for us, but for him. I just don't think he is anywhere near ready for a move. He is such a talented player, but at this stage, would he even play every week here with Henry and Brannagan back?

It's what Brentford have done over the past few years. It's their modus-operandi ; buy young talent for relatively small amounts,
develop them into Championship players; and sell them onto the PL mostly for mega money -
Neal Maupay, Jota, Ryan Woods, Ezri Konsa, Scott Hogan, Andre Gray.....

£3m for Fosu-henry and Baptiste is peanuts in the current climate.

We'd be mad to sell our prized assets tomorrow even if it meant we could bring in Grigg.

Tomorrow is going to be almost unbearable.

That might be the case, but playing regularly in front of large crowds and guaranteed European football would certainly appeal - as well as the fact that he's young enough to enjoy success and move on. That said, I've obviously no idea if there is any truth to this and Celtic fans don't seem to think they have short term needs in that position.,

Sell Baptiste for 3 million plus add ons, buy Will Grigg for 750 k and buy Cadden from Crew. Still would have a healthy profit of 1.25 million and also 2 assets rather than 1 that while Baptiste is talented he has had bad injuries in the past. Plus we are overloaded with midfielders.

Well there's a shock it's the Gavin White scenario allover again, no need to panic as the rose tinted among us have assured us all is ok and will be along to tell us that the incomings (should they arrive) were already coming here anyway

Have to feel for Robbo having to try sweeten the masses with the Grigg story.

If it was the first week of January it would be a different story. You do not sell at this time of the window if you wanna act like a ‘big club’ as what Robinson said

Brentford would be the best possible deal for all I feel. Play very nice football, develop players and will sell on if the price is right in the future. £4-5mill up front with add ons and we can’t say no really.
Isn't the brentford deal £3m for the pair, that includes Fosu's buy out clause of £750k.

Back
Top Bottom