General Jan transfer window

And how many chances/goals has he contributed? He is playing in a great TEAM so being a passenger is all well and good, until you need to step up and have an outstanding individual performance on a day where others are off the pace. Sadly, Mackie isnt capable of doing that.
100% correct. Mackie offers little more than nuisance value. If we had a good in the air, reasonably quick, aggressive forward to okay alongside Taylor most weeks, I would be very confident we would be top six at the end of the season . If we continue to start Mackie every week, I fear we may drop away. I don't care how much Mackie runs around and winds up the opposition, he simply isn't good enough.

100% correct. Mackie offers little more than nuisance value. If we had a good in the air, reasonably quick, aggressive forward to okay alongside Taylor most weeks, I would be very confident we would be top six at the end of the season . If we continue to start Mackie every week, I fear we may drop away. I don't care how much Mackie runs around and winds up the opposition, he simply isn't good enough.
To play
Not to okay!

This is exactly right. If we do get a right back in then I'd expect to see Hanson loaned out as we will then have cover at both RB and through the middle.

As others have mentioned, there is no point in bringing in players who do not strength the current squad. Sam Long has shown that he can be effective, and danced through the Newcastle side at one point on Saturday to set up a good chance. Also Marcus Browne played in the false 9 position well and gives us a different option to Matt Taylor, and Dan Ageyi remains an option.

Of course, all involved would have loved to bring in quality players to add to these positions, and still might. But very few teams at our level will have the opportunity to bring back the quality of players like Brannagan, Taylor, Henry and Thorne, as well as having done business in getting Browne, Holland and Kelly in.

If nothing changed, we have still had a very good window and are in a great position to kick on.

First the stadium goal posts move now the player recruitment!

How are Sunderland getting on?

Scotchegg calls Mackie's brilliance his "Sh!thousery". Where's my sick bucket...

Who says we aren’t in for him?

Come on, if we haven't splashed money on transfer fees, other than a few thousand for the Eastleigh lad, then it's unlikely the board are going to spend that kind of money on him. Whether KR likes it or not up until now we are a small club compared to Sunderland, Peterborough, Rotherham, Doncaster etc.

Hopefully less spin, more money put up for signings before Friday, permanent, so we are less "Loans United", more promotion challengers, especially haven fallen away from the play off places.

Come on, if we haven't splashed money on transfer fees, other than a few thousand for the Eastleigh lad, then it's unlikely the board are going to spend that kind of money on him. Whether KR likes it or not up until now we are a small club compared to Sunderland, Peterborough, Rotherham, Doncaster etc.

Hopefully less spin, more money put up for signings before Friday, permanent, so we are less "Loans United", more promotion challengers, especially haven fallen away from the play off places.
JUST A REMINDER: LOANS COST MONEY! And I would imagine we are paying quite a lot for those loans, considering the calibre of players we have here. I'd rather be Loans United than Rob Hall FC.

Just rewatched Agyei vid on YouTube. Actually concerning that KR continues to play the dinosaur Mackie over both him/Taylor .

All this talk about getting that striker in who’ll get the goals to boost our chances of promotion - and I’m not at all opposed to the idea - can anyone actually list any realistic targets within a sensible price range, that are available? I’ll admit to not being much of an expert but there aren’t any names that spring to mind. Assuming Grigg will be too expensive and Sunderland wouldn’t want a rival to have him anyway.. It’s alright saying that the recruitment dept are paid to unearth the gems but if we want someone to hit the ground running they’ll have to already be doing the business in at least league 2 I would’ve thought?

If you watch this, it borders on insanity.
It’s possible, looking at the video, that Agyei is a ‘confidence’ player who needs the manager to believe in him to get the best out of him. Not sure he entirely getting that here at the moment? I could be being unfair on Robinson there though, we don’t see how they’re all performing day to day in training. If Robinson doesn’t think he’s ready yet he’ll have his reasons.

I’d get that’s 500k we was offering to Columbus & offer it to Sunderland for Will Grigg.

It’s possible, looking at the video, that Agyei is a ‘confidence’ player who needs the manager to believe in him to get the best out of him. Not sure he entirely getting that here at the moment? I could be being unfair on Robinson there though, we don’t see how they’re all performing day to day in training. If Robinson doesn’t think he’s ready yet he’ll have his reasons.
I agree. Confidence breeds confidence and the only way to obtain that is with the trust of the manager and a run of games to repay that trust.

I would love to see Agyei up top on Saturday with Browne linking up as a number 10 with Fosu and Holland smashing it out wide. That, to me, is exciting!

Confidence is just as easily lost, as it is gained so, I do also understand that piling the pressure on Dan to lead the line may have the opposite effect to the one we want. Im a big KR fan but I'm just struggling to see what he sees in Mackie, over Agyei.

Nevertheless, a tenner says Mackie starts on Saturday...

Last edited:
Am I the only one here that likes the prospect of Forde as a wingback..? From what Ive seen of him I think he’d be ideal in that position. He hasnt quite got the out and out pace of a winger but he’s technically very good, has a lot of experience at a good level and puts in a great cross. He could be the revelation we’re looking for there. Get him back fit and try it I say!

Worth a try, KR might actually be trying it at training, Who knows.

Am I the only one here that likes the prospect of Forde as a wingback..? From what Ive seen of him I think he’d be ideal in that position. He hasnt quite got the out and out pace of a winger but he’s technically very good, has a lot of experience at a good level and puts in a great cross. He could be the revelation we’re looking for there. Get him back fit and try it I say!

We don’t play with wingbacks though unless we switch to a back 3? I agree that Forde could definitely cover LB/RB for a few games...

Back
Top Bottom