General Jan transfer window

I agree injuries have not helped, I have watched every home game this season and a few away and every time Cadden played he was always looking to go down the line and overlap, this meant the opposition had to shift over to the left slightly, this allowed Fosu on the left more room to do his magic. Now we have teams doubling up on Fosu and no outball to the right of are play. Long does a decent job defending but doesn't read the game like Cadden did. Karl has failed to get a replacement through the door that can play the same.
I agree with you in terms of the quality of Cadden, just not to the value that should be placed on him.

Cadden has, to date, been a huge, significant miss and a reason, IMO, why we've stuttered a little in recent weeks.

Modern day football and certainly the style of play employed here, is that you have strong, stamina-filled, powerful, attacking full backs. Chris Cadden was exceptional, I still standby my comments, that at the time Baldock was here, Cadden is better.

As well as Sam Long has done, he's not that full back described above. He's a superb footballer, never lets anyone down, but his introduction into the side and subsequent adjustment of style of play, has been one of the causes of our form. No offence to Sam but he's different to what this team needs.

Getting a quality right back has to be a big priority if we're to kick on.

Someone mentioned wingers.........we don't play with wingers. We are using pace and 'perceived' wide men, to play in the 3 behind the striker, to help stretch teams and attack them at pace. Hollands and Browne are playing in the three behind, unless we change to a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 then those boys play in different roles now.
I think that a critical issue (as others have pointed out) has been losing Cadden and Henry at the same time. Their combination was a classic example of 2+2=5. It was more than losing two individual players.

I was referring to Cadden with that quote. Robbo told tiger not to pay what Colombus wanted. It seems we are going down the option of getting everyone on the cheap or a loan. There is alot of strikers that would improve us but your not going to get them free or on loan in January. Maybe the bloke on the phone in was right, where he stated the board don't want us to go up as they can't afford to run us in the championship.

Even at this time of the year it's difficult to get quite so much shite into one post!

Do you honestly think we should have spent £1m on Chris Cadden? A good player of course, but ONE MILLION POUNDS?? Robinson was dead right to tell Col Crew to jog on!

Who are these strikers that would improve us? Give us some names and an idea of how much you think they will cost.

If the board can't afford to run us in the Championship we are well and truly f*cked in league 1!!!

But beyond that, well done, good post!!! ??

Are we honestly meant to believe that the "substantial fee" we were offering for Cadden would not be enough for another right back?

Weve heard so many transfer meetings have taken place but yet it still sounds like were unsure what we can afford.

As always i hope im eating humble pie come Friday.

Even at this time of the year it's difficult to get quite so much shite into one post!

Do you honestly think we should have spent £1m on Chris Cadden? A good player of course, but ONE MILLION POUNDS?? Robinson was dead right to tell Col Crew to jog on!

Who are these strikers that would improve us? Give us some names and an idea of how much you think they will cost.

If the board can't afford to run us in the Championship we are well and truly f*cked in league 1!!!

If the board can't afford 1 million for a player proven in are team, but can apparently fund the building of a new stadium then maybe we were all right to be suspicious of their intentions.

Do we not trust kr on Mackie then?
They seem to get on very well and as I've posted before, along with others, it would be a good move to recruit Mackie to the backroom staff. He has a lot to offer in experience and positivity.
It's just that he can no longer do it on the pitch. At best, in an emergency put him in the squad and bring him on when a game is as good as won to give someone a rest.
The so called "shithousery" is old and tired and to be effective that sort of stuff has to backed up with some kind of footballing threat, which he no longer possesses.
Agyei must feel the same as us when Mackie is picked to start.

Are we honestly meant to believe that the "substantial fee" we were offering for Cadden would not be enough for another right back?

Weve heard so many transfer meetings have taken place but yet it still sounds like were unsure what we can afford.

We offered a fee for Stephen O'Donnell but Kilmarnock don't want to sell and are prepared to see him go on a free in the summer. Having money doesn't guarantee getting the players, clubs don't always want to sell.

Cadden has, to date, been a huge, significant miss and a reason, IMO, why we've stuttered a little in recent weeks.

Modern day football and certainly the style of play employed here, is that you have strong, stamina-filled, powerful, attacking full backs. Chris Cadden was exceptional, I still standby my comments, that at the time Baldock was here, Cadden is better.

As well as Sam Long has done, he's not that full back described above. He's a superb footballer, never lets anyone down, but his introduction into the side and subsequent adjustment of style of play, has been one of the causes of our form. No offence to Sam but he's different to what this team needs.

Getting a quality right back has to be a big priority if we're to kick on.

Someone mentioned wingers.........we don't play with wingers. We are using pace and 'perceived' wide men, to play in the 3 behind the striker, to help stretch teams and attack them at pace. Hollands and Browne are playing in the three behind, unless we change to a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 then those boys play in different roles now.

Bang on the money, and if the board don't back KR in getting one, will he question their commitment to promotion and the big club tag.

Am I the only one here that likes the prospect of Forde as a wingback..? From what Ive seen of him I think he’d be ideal in that position. He hasnt quite got the out and out pace of a winger but he’s technically very good, has a lot of experience at a good level and puts in a great cross. He could be the revelation we’re looking for there. Get him back fit and try it I say!

Is it just me or does anyone else find the, "I expect the following list of things to go wrong (for which I have no sensible evidence), but I'll eat humble pie if they don't, so that gives me a get-out and I don't expect any criticism for being relentlessly negative" type posts ... a little bit annoying?

People harped on about Henry Landers he transferred to Maidenhead didn’t like it went back to North Leigh, scores 5 on Saturday. But he would take a long time to be or even get to 1st team standard whereas Lofthouse could slit in but wouldn’t be able to be prolific so we need to look else where but there is an option with Lofthouse
Henry Landers is the answer and we all know it.

Can they afford to run us in the championship?
Lets hope so, as the rhetoric of getting there seems to come from them a lot.

Will the sound bytes measure up to what fans expected/hoped for, following initial quotes from KR early in January?

Swindon have resigned Yates on loan till season end. If both them and Rotherham get promoted, think it's quite likely it could become permanent, he seems to be very popular.

Mackie was playing in a big percentage of the matches when we were absolutely flying earlier in the season wasn't he?
Mackie has started in a league game 15 times this season. Of those games we have W7 D5 L3.

26 points from those 15 games. I don’t see the problem.

We are third highest scorers in League one 43 goals

We have the second-best goal difference in League One +17

Hopefully Agyei does not go out on loan, Taylor gets fit, I think we are covered in that position

Back
Top Bottom