General Jan transfer window

think KR mentioned something ( in a rad ox interview yesterday , post match?) about having a meeting/ chat as , with the replay v Newcastle, theres a bit more £ coming in, potentially to boost the squad ?

And that's why money talks. The difficulty is that you can end up paying over the odds if not careful. Will Grigg last year is an example of where desperation can bite you on the a**e!!

I dont really understand why we’re just looking at loans? Especially when earlier in the window there was talk of shelling out over £500k on Cadden. Everyone knows we’re crying out for a striker and cover at RB. We’ve proved in the past that we can go and sign good players in permanents and now with the FA cup money we must be in a good place
The 500k could always have been B*****s?

I expect that one of the main reasons is that we dont know which Division we will be in.
We need to get players in who could be comfortable in the Championship.
On the other hand a Championship quality player wont want the risk of playing in L1.
Excellent point

I dont really understand why we’re just looking at loans? Especially when earlier in the window there was talk of shelling out over £500k on Cadden. Everyone knows we’re crying out for a striker and cover at RB. We’ve proved in the past that we can go and sign good players in permanents and now with the FA cup money we must be in a good place

The board seem unwilling to spend out for permanent signings up until this point. It would seem logical that KR's shopping list would have more permanent than loan signings.

With so many loans, we get back to the same situation at the end of the season, where a large number of first 11 players go back to their parent clubs, this on top of any of our normal squad being sold. If we then go up, it leaves KR with the usual rebuild, but entering a higher league.

Continuity, as in business, is the norm when looking to build a solid squad, whilst adding a few additions to your squad, not having to have a wholesale rebuild, in a higher division.

I expect that one of the main reasons is that we dont know which Division we will be in.
We need to get players in who could be comfortable in the Championship.
On the other hand a Championship quality player wont want the risk of playing in L1.

I tend to agree, but what about these players having aspirations of getting to the Championship with us, and or the 2-3 year deals. For example, we could sign some players in the summer as they’ll know which division we’re in, so if this happens to be the Championship and they sign a 2+ year deal who’s to say we don’t get relegated after the first season (god forbid) and they’ve still got a year or two of their contract to go?

• React
Reactions: Ian
The board seem unwilling to spend out for permanent signings up until this point. It would seem logical that KR's shopping list would have more permanent than loan signings.

With so many loans, we get back to the same situation at the end of the season, where a large number of first 11 players go back to their parent clubs, this on top of any of our normal squad being sold. If we then go up, it leaves KR with the usual rebuild, but entering a higher league.

Continuity, as in business, is the norm when looking to build a solid squad, whilst adding a few additions to your squad, not having to have a wholesale rebuild, in a higher division.

If you are talking about January only then we have spent a fee (I've seen claims of £100k but don't know how true) in signing Atkinson. January often doesn't represent value generally for a player if paying a fee which is why loans become more prominent I think. If you mean fees this season for permanent signings then we signed Elliott Moore, Tariqe Fosu and Dan Agyei in the summer.

If you are talking about January only then we have spent a fee (I've seen claims of £100k but don't know how true) in signing Atkinson. January often doesn't represent value generally for a player if paying a fee which is why loans become more prominent I think. If you mean fees this season for permanent signings then we signed Elliott Moore, Tariqe Fosu and Dan Agyei in the summer.
I wouldn’t have thought 100K for Atkinson possibly around 65K but wouldn’t he be a Bossman ruling

Hes seemed positive every week!

Robbos comments do lend doubt to those (mentioning no names) saying we were spraying cash around like nobodys business!

Have the board shown the big club mentality, in terms of this transfer window as KR asked them for?
A marque signing, costing money would be just that. Just about had enough of so many loans, where we bring up to speed other teams players, who then return to their parent club.

Have the board shown the big club mentality, in terms of this transfer window as KR asked them for?
A marque signing, costing money would be just that. Just about had enough of so many loans, where we bring up to speed other teams players, who then return to their parent club.

This

Being saying it for years but it appears most are happy watching other teams players knowing full well they'll never stay.

The problem though is the crazy money the 2nd and 3rd fringe players are paid which prevents clubs lower down affording them, everything as been about chasing the money for clubs higher up and players and their Agents...That fella Manure were after (Haaland? ) his Agent went all out for getting him to Dortmund because his thought process (The Agents) was already thinking he can earn from another transfer whereas if he went to Manure it was less likely.

Reading this forum many of our fans are just thinking about the value of our players rather than building a squad to be together for years and having a good go with the odd tweak here and there.

Sky and the media hyped up the Transfer windows and fans everywhere fell into the trap..i'm still waiting for someone to explain why signing a Premiershi* youngster is better than playing Agyei !!!

I still maintain that constantly breaking up the squad was partly responsible for fighting relegation for 2 seasons

Back
Top Bottom