General Jan transfer window

Possible right back target.

Also wouldn't entirely rule out a deal for O'Donnell. A few other clubs are interested and although Kilmarnock were saying that he's staying until the summer it is maybe a ploy to squeeze a bit more out of the pocket of prospective clubs. A deal was very close, so a few extra pounds might just seal it.

It does start to feel like the summer window again who are we waiting to sell this time to get things moving
I know. I mean fancy a league one club, with average crowds who pays an extortionate amount to rent their ground having to sell/loan players out to balance the books with incoming signings. I am just shocked if we are having to do that. I might actually phone into Radio Oxford after the Newcastle game to complain about it!

I know. I mean fancy a league one club, with average crowds who pays an extortionate amount to rent their ground having to sell/loan players out to balance the books with incoming signings. I am just shocked if we are having to do that. I might actually phone into Radio Oxford after the Newcastle game to complain about it!
Plus we have already signed what 4 players this window.

Sorry if this has been covered above, but with all this talk of signing Yates... is he actually any good?

I was told by someone who has watched him regularly that L1 will be his limit and even that is debatable. Apparently he has a tremendous work rate though and an obvious eye for goal and he’s been unfortunate to have gone a bit under the radar playing second fiddle to Doyle.

I was told by someone who has watched him regularly that L1 will be his limit and even that is debatable. Apparently he has a tremendous work rate though and an obvious eye for goal and he’s been unfortunate to have gone a bit under the radar playing second fiddle to Doyle.
If League 1 is his debatable limit, why would playing second fiddle to Doyle be unfortunate?

I think they think that you’re implying that we don’t have the money to do anything other than cheap, ‘bargain basement’ deals. But the window isn’t over yet!...

No the window isn't closed yet, and it would be nice to know that KR gets in who he wants. I'm not so sure that is the case atm, if you put the signings against his interview where he challenged the board to show our big club ambitions.

My understanding is that he will not play for Rotherham on Saturday.

This deal is far from dead in the water.
I looked up "positivity face" in Google images (yes it is a variation on my usual Google search of "... Face" - but I digress) to sum up my immediate emotional state when @ECYellow posts on here.......and it came up with this image first:
IMG_3378_0.jpeg

... Not exactly the exultant expression image I was looking for but hey ho.
Hooray for positivity!!!!!!!!!
(ill just Google "exultant face" next time)

Last edited:
I looked up "positivity face" in Google images (yes it is a variation on my usual Google search of "... Face" - but I digress) to sum up my immediate emotional state when @ECYellow posts on here.......and it came up with this image first:
View attachment 2786

... Not exactly the exultant expression image I was looking for but hey ho.
Hooray for positivity!!!!!!!!!
(ill just Google "exultant face" next time)

Try "orgasm face" next time...especially if it's a 25-goal a season striker who scores 50 yarders and has the body of Sam Baldock.

Back
Top Bottom