General Jan transfer window

I would like to see two new full backs coming in... purely for competition and improve the squad and offer something different to long and ruffels. add more pace to the team, especially at the back is vital in both the defence third and the attacking third. If we don't get more attacking full backs, I would also like us to try out kelly and brannagan together in a 4231 with the three being out of holland, fosu, baptiste and browne. I really like gorrin but he's admitted that he is limited to playing that lone dm role in the 433 and we saw that he couldn't work in a two at the start of the season. I also think he's struggled when dickie isn't carry the ball forward or has immediate outlets and plays silly passes.

With Fosu he’s being marked by 2 players as he’s been one of the danger men in our team, with the two lads coming in from West Ham and Middlesbrough it will now change this as with the pace we have in the team other teams can not mark all three players
He certainly looked a lot freer last night and was more effective than of late.

But the full back issue is not down to injury. Its down to sound recruitment. It always seems to me that KR is obsessed with getting midfielders in. We have needed real LB cover all season, Berkoe was never going to be that player yet!! He does tend to overlook the defence and attack where we always seem to be stretched for alternatives.

Agree entirely - I said at the beginning of the season that the squad KR had built was distinctly lop-sided; only six senior defenders for four roles, only three (counting Agyei) out-and-out forwards and an absolute shedload of midfielders.

Of course, the first half of the season then made me look a muppet because our defense has stayed 100% healthy whilst our midfielders went down at a startling rate so that we ended up being short there......

......but I still think the principle is correct. At the moment we're in a position where we're absolutely ****ed if we have a couple of injuries in defense, and there's a real limit to how much we can rotate the defense based on form. Would love to see a couple more defenders in before the end of the month.

A mate of mine(QPR fan) watched it yesterday, while saying the weather spoiled it also said the guy with the headband played well

• React
Reactions: PQ
A mate of mine(QPR fan) watched it yesterday, while saying the weather spoiled it also said the guy with the headband played well
When did we sign Pat Cash. ?
No grumbles from me regarding either Josh Ruffels and Sam Long regarding their performances last night.
So they're not the quickest. Best. Trickiest players we have. But they both put in a proper shift everytime they're called upon to do so.
IMO Sam Long thoroughly deserved MOM last night.

Having Gorrin in the side should give the license for one of the full backs to bomb forward every time. Gorrin doesn’t stand out as much either without Cadden down the right.

I would like to see two new full backs coming in... purely for competition and improve the squad and offer something different to long and ruffels. add more pace to the team, especially at the back is vital in both the defence third and the attacking third. If we don't get more attacking full backs, I would also like us to try out kelly and brannagan together in a 4231 with the three being out of holland, fosu, baptiste and browne. I really like gorrin but he's admitted that he is limited to playing that lone dm role in the 433 and we saw that he couldn't work in a two at the start of the season. I also think he's struggled when dickie isn't carry the ball forward or has immediate outlets and plays silly passes.
Hi Liam Kelly. :unsure:

If we think that we are going to be promoted, do we really want to sign Taylor long term if he is considered to be not good enough for the Championship?

I think it suits both us and Taylor to hold off signing permanently in this window. It gives us and him a chance to buy a bit of time and assess other options.

I think it suits both us and Taylor to hold off signing permanently in this window. It gives us and him a chance to buy a bit of time and assess other options.

I did say that a 2 1/2 year deal was put in place (although not signed) and fully expected this to have been signed by now. This hasn't happened, and that gives a few the opportunity to point out my error!! However, I stand by my view that a deal was very much on the table, but all parties are happy to continue with the status quo until the summer. Most accept that we need to look at an additional striker during this window and it is better to focus on recruitment there rather than doing a deal with a player we already have until May (unless things go massively wrong in the next 2 weeks!)

not so sure about that, his goals per game average is very good can you name a striker with similar stats available at the moment, if taylor goes on and scores say another 10 goals for us for the remainder of the season our chance may have gone....... who knows ay

I think we will make a move for Grigg at some point in this window. Pricey but him and Taylor rotating in the run in could be the difference between staying put or getting promoted.

I did say that a 2 1/2 year deal was put in place (although not signed) and fully expected this to have been signed by now. This hasn't happened, and that gives a few the opportunity to point out my error!! However, I stand by my view that a deal was very much on the table, but all parties are happy to continue with the status quo until the summer. Most accept that we need to look at an additional striker during this window and it is better to focus on recruitment there rather than doing a deal with a player we already have until May (unless things go massively wrong in the next 2 weeks!)

A very familiar story for both player and club...it does come across generally that we can identify decent players but struggle to get them to put pen to paper certainly in the permanent category.This strikes me more so in the Jan windows which should be done away with as i feel just leads to managers getting lazy and seeking to fill squads with Loans rather than building our own squad.
Sometimes it's not just about numbers and I do get the feeling that yet again come the summer we are going to go through this all again whatever league we are in.

I think we will make a move for Grigg at some point in this window. Pricey but him and Taylor rotating in the run in could be the difference between staying put or getting promoted.

Sunderland would have to be Bonkers to release such a player to a promotion rival

Back
Top Bottom