General Jan transfer window

I agree with that ^.

It's crazy to suggest selling someone who has been one of our better players due to a dip in form.

I for one fully endorse the notion of selling someone who is having a poor run of form. Whenever my laptop has a ‘spinny wheel’ moment I just throw it down the stairs or pop it out the window.

To get back on topic - definitely need two full backs for proper competition if not to supersede anybody, and yes, I do think another forward option. Especially if Agyei is being loaned out. Mackie can’t be allowed to be second choice or a rotating co-headliner as it were, which he seems to be lately. So that’s three more needed ideally, but will we get them?

It's one thing for people to give their opinion on who has played well or not over the last game or two, but it's another thing entirely to suddenly start suggesting players aren't good enough and should be dropped and replaced.

We have a lot of players who are either injured, recovering from injury, or dealing with clear fatigue and burnout due to being overused because of our injury problems, and because of that, our form has become a bit inconsistent in recent weeks.

But those players have got us into a great position in the league, with a genuinely good chance to go for promotion, and taken us to the quarter finals of the league cup, thrashing a premier league club along the way, and another big game to a premier league club in the 4th round of the FA cup, and they've done it in style, we've been one of the highest scoring teams in the entire country, and have conceded very few goals, especially at home.

It's inevitable that players will have dips in form, and bad games, especially when they have injuries, rustiness when returning from injuries, and fatigue issues, and yes, we could do with strengthening in certain areas, as could every team on the planet, but I feel a bit of perspective is needed here

Exactly Dickie for example has gone from a value of several million to a few bob based on some comments

using the defenders as an example how would some on here cope with a ball that's looking like it's yours to head only for the wind to either hold it up or sail over your head for the attacker to run on to !

Other comments have seen us go from a well organized decent football side with quality players/Manager and promotion prospects to A B and C not good enough and the Manager making mistakes either with team selection Tactics or showing too much respect for our opponents.

On Dickie, just possibly the speculation has affected his performances. His drop in form has coincided with the window when large(ish) Championship teams are being linked.

Reading this board 6 days ago after we'd just announced our 4th January signing, this board was full of "by far the best squad in this league", "all aboard the promotion express", "not a weak link in the team"........

6 days later, after two tough games and just 1 point this board appears to be full of "Eastwood no longer good enough", "Ruffs is the weak link", "Fosu been given too much faith by Robbo", "Long makes too many mistakes", "Mackie is past it", "the team has a communication problem".......

It's a funny old world!

Exactly Dickie for example has gone from a value of several million to a few bob based on some comments

using the defenders as an example how would some on here cope with a ball that's looking like it's yours to head only for the wind to either hold it up or sail over your head for the attacker to run on to !

Other comments have seen us go from a well organized decent football side with quality players/Manager and promotion prospects to A B and C not good enough and the Manager making mistakes either with team selection Tactics or showing too much respect for our opponents.

Indeed. Some of the comments about Fosu from the back of the East Stand of late have been perplexing. Sure, he’s not performing close to the high standards he set earlier in the season (which was a given as he was really in a purple patch) but he’s now often referred to as being a poor player.

With Fosu he’s being marked by 2 players as he’s been one of the danger men in our team, with the two lads coming in from West Ham and Middlesbrough it will now change this as with the pace we have in the team other teams can not mark all three players

In the past couple of games, you can see where Browne has both improved in his time at Boro and the added dimension he adds to the team. He requires management, but he should help Fosu get more space. Henry coming back from injury will help too.

With Fosu he’s being marked by 2 players as he’s been one of the danger men in our team, with the two lads coming in from West Ham and Middlesbrough it will now change this as with the pace we have in the team other teams can not mark all three players

This is why the left back is so important. Their Right back and Right mid tag team Fosu leaving Ruffels the free man. I personally feel Fosu has been off for a few months now. He rarely beats his man although yesterday I thought he was slightly better. I would like to see Browne on the wing once Brannagan is back up to speed.

It's one thing for people to give their opinion on who has played well or not over the last game or two, but it's another thing entirely to suddenly start suggesting players aren't good enough and should be dropped and replaced.

We have a lot of players who are either injured, recovering from injury, or dealing with clear fatigue and burnout due to being overused because of our injury problems, and because of that, our form has become a bit inconsistent in recent weeks.

But those players have got us into a great position in the league, with a genuinely good chance to go for promotion, and taken us to the quarter finals of the league cup, thrashing a premier league club along the way, and another big game to a premier league club in the 4th round of the FA cup, and they've done it in style, we've been one of the highest scoring teams in the entire country, and have conceded very few goals, especially at home.

It's inevitable that players will have dips in form, and bad games, especially when they have injuries, rustiness when returning from injuries, and fatigue issues, and yes, we could do with strengthening in certain areas, as could every team on the planet, but I feel a bit of perspective is needed here
But the full back issue is not down to injury. Its down to sound recruitment. It always seems to me that KR is obsessed with getting midfielders in. We have needed real LB cover all season, Berkoe was never going to be that player yet!! He does tend to overlook the defence and attack where we always seem to be stretched for alternatives.

If you thought Mousinho was poor then your expectation is at a different level to me.
Agreed. Best defender last night and it showed how much we missed him on Saturday. Ive said it before, Moore and Dickie are not a good pairing. There is a lot of inexperience there and it was evident, especially with positioning when Rotherham broke quickly.

But the full back issue is not down to injury. Its down to sound recruitment. It always seems to me that KR is obsessed with getting midfielders in. We have needed real LB cover all season, Berkoe was never going to be that player yet!! He does tend to overlook the defence and attack where we always seem to be stretched for alternatives.
Ruffels has performed perfectly well, in a solid defence, all season, but has played an insane amount of minutes, with no rest, and is beginning to show signs of fatigue, and I agree we do need LB cover, so he doesn't burn out, hopefully that cover will come in this month.

Once Brannagan comes back in the side, that will mean Browne can go out wide, and Fosu can hopefully get the rest he clearly needs for a few games, and whoever comes in at RB will mean that position is well stocked as well.

Add to that, a goalscoring striker to share the load with Taylor, along with the likes of Henry, Forde and Woodburn returning, and I reckon we'll be ready to make a real push for promotion.

I have seen milk turn faster our defence were not very good last night along with others what I was getting at was long was terrible whoever chose motm must of had steamed up goggles on :)
I thought Mous was excellent last night. I'm not sure what your definition of a defence not being very good is. My view is that not conceding any goals and limiting a team above us in the table to not really testing our keeper means that our defence had a pretty decent night.

Back
Top Bottom