General Jan transfer window

Thought archer was dodgy,most of the time he didnt even have a save to make.
I think 'dodgy' is unwarranted - he stepped in after not playing matches for a long while and did a pretty good job in the circumstances. His positioning was generally good and most of the time he was quick off the line (thought he might have done better against Hartlepool) and he communicated well with his defence. He had the odd flap but all in all, most of us were happy with him. It's a wonderful thing after-sight.

Nonsense. He was very good. On a par with a fully fit Eastwood.
If you watch the Millwall youtube of him over a full season maybe two,then I saw glimpses of that in the few games he played for us.As for as good as Eastwood,i cant remember Archer making any worldy saves.

I would say Archer is a quicker and better distributor of the ball. Easty when fit and on song is probably the better shot stopper etc.
We didn't see Archer for too long but they both misjudge and flap at crosses. So all in all not a lot in it.

If you watch the Millwall youtube of him over a full season maybe two,then I saw glimpses of that in the few games he played for us.As for as good as Eastwood,i cant remember Archer making any worldy saves.
Umm. That's because he didn't have to. His positioning was very good. So he wasn't caught out. Are you aware of a 'Hollywood Save'?! That's a save that looks flashy, but actually isn't technically very difficult. Eastwood is pretty good, but he's a vv good L1 keeper who is a borderline Championship keeper. That's why he's never been snapped up. Remember Daniel Bentley from Sarfend a few years ago? He was outstanding, and is now Bristol City keeper. That's what an outstanding L1 keeper looks like. Archer us pretty much on a par with Eastwood. Possibly slightly better. The fact that he didn't make any 'worldy saves' in his eight games with us is entirely irrelevant.

Umm. That's because he didn't have to. His positioning was very good. So he wasn't caught out. Are you aware of a 'Hollywood Save'?! That's a save that looks flashy, but actually isn't technically very difficult. Eastwood is pretty good, but he's a vv good L1 keeper who is a borderline Championship keeper. That's why he's never been snapped up. Remember Daniel Bentley from Sarfend a few years ago? He was outstanding, and is now Bristol City keeper. That's what an outstanding L1 keeper looks like. Archer us pretty much on a par with Eastwood. Possibly slightly better. The fact that he didn't make any 'worldy saves' in his eight games with us is entirely irrelevant.
Watch the Millwall youtube video of him.

Wh

Who cares? He played 80+ games in the Championship. He played vv well for us. Anyone can make a video of anyone looking good/bad/indifferent. Especially a keeper. Didn't 'make any worldy saves'.... Jeez....
are you really saying that im not allowed to think hes not that good?

Because there were none. at least when I was watching.
there were small handling errors which with watching the Millwall video suggests theres a problem with how he does things,every player makes mistakes and I think hes not that good and a bit dodgy.Eastwood has also made mistakes and seems to be making more than he used to.

I don’t think we saw enough of him to judge. As for Eastwood, he’s been idolised for years, now you’re dismissing him for a dodgy game after injury? Fickle
Yes it does seem that some are dismissing him after one poor game.
Archer did fine but didnt have an awful amount to do, so as you suggest it was difficult to judge him.

I don’t think we saw enough of him to judge. As for Eastwood, he’s been idolised for years, now you’re dismissing him for a dodgy game after injury? Fickle
im not judging Eastwood on 1 game at all,id rather have Eastwood than Archer.

Back
Top Bottom