General Jan transfer window

I love the way that the club always have an eye to the future.
So some of the loan signings (Holland), is to try and take us up.
But the Atkinson signing is for a couple of years time. If we were to go up, the quantity and quality of the youngsters coming through seems to be constantly increasing

Could we have a centre back pairing in the championship of dickie and Atkinson or Moore and Atkinson or Moore and dickie options and plenty of them I haven’t included mous because I don’t think he will play to much next season will
Be more of a coach

I'm a little young to remember Ron's/Graham's playing days but are there any chants that can be resurrected?

I'll have a bit more confidence in dropping a name in the next couple of days. It comes from the same person who told me a couple of weeks ago that Liam Kelly was a done deal, but they weren't as confident with the striker so I don't want to commit myself just yet!

Do you think this is still a possibility after the Browne signing?

I'm a little young to remember Ron's/Graham's playing days but are there any chants that can be resurrected?
the one that sticks in my mind from way back (bearing in mind Big Ron/tank was team captain, we played in gold and black back then AND it was way before PL or Championship were ever thought of,as it was the 60's) was to the tune of MacNamarras Band

'his name is Ronnie Atkinson, hes the leader of the team, the finest football team, the world has ever seen, our name is Oxford United, the boys who play in gold, and when we win Division3*, this is what were told, lalal, lala la (etc etc etc)

* original incarnation mayve been Division 4 (?) , Division 3 is now where we are , league1, it was breifly Division 2 in the song too, as Big Ron led the Us from non league to old Division 2 (now the Championship) in a mere 6 seasons (i think)

Back
Top Bottom