General Jan transfer window

Its a rumour, and that’s all it is! No need to panic until an actual bid comes in, and it must meet the clubs valuation.

I really hope that we can resist any overtures for Brannagan until the summer.
He is one of the finest midfielders that we have had here for many years.
I am aware that there is interest, that is totally understandable, every player has a price, but he is one that, if fit, can drive this team on to promotion.

Just for him to see out this season for us and go in the summer after he has won us this league would be the perfect scenario.

Hopefully Brannagan is more like ledson was rather than Johnson I say that as ledson waited until the summer after he was told he could go in the summer where as Johnson forced his move I think Brannagan will still be here I hope the club tell all the players who can move to bigger clubs wait until the summer and see where we are

Johnson went in the summer window for 3m? Great business by us imo.

I will say it again, the opportunity we currently have do not come along very often and to let players go to clubs in the very league we aspire to be in is not only madness but will show a complete lack of ambition and belief from club and players.

I do not want to hear we could not stand in their way bullshi* or was a good offer for club and player Bollo*

just for once let's hear we turned them down as we all believe we can achieve our ambitions together, surely this is not too much to ask or else what is the point !

Brannigan is the one player I really wouldn’t want to see go this window - why? Because he is the one that you can really see the difference when he plays as to when he doesn’t. Don’t get me wrong, we’re still a good team without him, but his movement, passing, drive and energy really make a difference to the whole teams performance and we just look a different level when he’s on the pitch, he really makes us tick. Would be a big loss.

Dickie is a close second with the way he brings the ball out from the back, but Brannigan just shades it for me. Please let’s say to him stay with us for the rest of the season then we’ll listen to offers in the summer?

I will say it again, the opportunity we currently have do not come along very often and to let players go to clubs in the very league we aspire to be in is not only madness but will show a complete lack of ambition and belief from club and players.

I do not want to hear we could not stand in their way bullshi* or was a good offer for club and player Bollo*

just for once let's hear we turned them down as we all believe we can achieve our ambitions together, surely this is not too much to ask or else what is the point !
I think this is what to read into KR saying act 'like a big club' February 1st will tell. Personally I hope we keep everybody till the end of the season then evaluate the league we are in and do right by each player. IF we were to get into the Championship be interesting to see if anyone goes as the only motivation would be £££ as we wouldnt be able to compete with the Fulham/Leeds etc on wages. This has to be the most important transfer window for us EVER?

Brannigan is the one player I really wouldn’t want to see go this window - why? Because he is the one that you can really see the difference when he plays as to when he doesn’t. Don’t get me wrong, we’re still a good team without him, but his movement, passing, drive and energy really make a difference to the whole teams performance and we just look a different level when he’s on the pitch, he really makes us tick. Would be a big loss.

Dickie is a close second with the way he brings the ball out from the back, but Brannigan just shades it for me. Please let’s say to him stay with us for the rest of the season then we’ll listen to offers in the summer?

why listen to offers in the summer? why not stay with us we can achieve together?

why listen to offers in the summer? why not stay with us we can achieve together?
I agree, for example CB goes to Leeds (assuming they stay in the Champ) would he get more minutes in the Champ with Leeds or Us? That move would only be for more money?? It would be refreshing for modern day players to realise that a club/manager has helped them reach the level they have achieved so as long as a club is moving upward and forwards then why the need to move??

I agree, for example CB goes to Leeds (assuming they stay in the Champ) would he get more minutes in the Champ with Leeds or Us? That move would only be for more money?? It would be refreshing for modern day players to realise that a club/manager has helped them reach the level they have achieved so as long as a club is moving upward and forwards then why the need to move??
i reckon some would show a bit of loyalty but greedy agents want their share

Well I guess because if he’s saying he wants to leave right now, then rather than the club replying ‘no, not now, not in summer, not ever’ it’s a bit softer and more negotiatey to say ‘well, let’s wait and see what happens till summer shall we buddy’

That simply isn’t realistic I’m afraid. It’s all good and well talking about refreshing changes in attitude that would be good to see etc, but imagine somebody came in and asked you to do the exact same job you do now for three times the pay, at a bigger company with better benefits and better facilities and so on. You’re going to find that nearly impossible to turn down. It changes your life in so many ways. A football career is a short one and can end at any moment, and when you can be talking about 3/4 year contracts on nearly half a million pounds a year, it’s nothing to do with having a refreshing outlook and everything to do with securing your future.

Football fans as a whole need to be a bit more realistic when it comes to this sort of thing. Some players are willing to stick around for a few extra months to see if they can finish the job, which comes with risk on several fronts, but beyond that nobody can expect a wave of change throughout the sport that sees vast sums of money shoved to one side and rendered redundant. It’s always going to matter past a certain point, and so it should. They’re the same as the rest of us.

Much as I want CB to stay I would wish him well if he moved on and wouldn't see it as a lack of ambition from OUFC. Footballers have short careers which are always one bad tackle away from being ended. Leeds could probably double his wages and they are likely to be in the Premier League next year. If they are serious and the transfer fee works he'd have to consider it. CB has already paid us back in spades for what we've invested in him.

That simply isn’t realistic I’m afraid. It’s all good and well talking about refreshing changes in attitude that would be good to see etc, but imagine somebody came in and asked you to do the exact same job you do now for three times the pay, at a bigger company with better benefits and better facilities and so on. You’re going to find that nearly impossible to turn down. It changes your life in so many ways. A football career is a short one and can end at any moment, and when you can be talking about 3/4 year contracts on nearly half a million pounds a year, it’s nothing to do with having a refreshing outlook and everything to do with securing your future.

Football fans as a whole need to be a bit more realistic when it comes to this sort of thing. Some players are willing to stick around for a few extra months to see if they can finish the job, which comes with risk on several fronts, but beyond that nobody can expect a wave of change throughout the sport that sees vast sums of money shoved to one side and rendered redundant. It’s always going to matter past a certain point, and so it should. They’re the same as the rest of us.
Agree with that. Its all well and good talking about ambition but 3 to 4 times a salary rise is pretty difficult to delay from a players perspective.
Having said that let's hope that we can. Hang on to the players until the summer.
If Leeds reckon that they can get CB for £1m they are a long way off.

Agree with that. Its all well and good talking about ambition but 3 to 4 times a salary rise is pretty difficult to delay from a players perspective.
Having said that let's hope that we can. Hang on to the players until the summer.
If Leeds reckon that they can get CB for £1m they are a long way off.

agreed best centre midfielder in the league by a long way easily 5million plus

I think Liam Kelly might well be in the building to replace CB.

I really hope that we can resist any overtures for Brannagan until the summer.
He is one of the finest midfielders that we have had here for many years.
I am aware that there is interest, that is totally understandable, every player has a price, but he is one that, if fit, can drive this team on to promotion.

Just for him to see out this season for us and go in the summer after he has won us this league would be the perfect scenario.
No; the “perfect scenario” would be for Brannagan to stay here.

You can't have it both ways, if we aspire to be in the champs, dirty leeds aspire to be in the prem ans are not doing a bad job of getting there, I agree with your overall opinion of letting our best players go shows a degree of lack of ambition, but unfortunately football is a strange business when money is concerned.

Two years ago CBs father was on record as saying he’d like a move to Leeds.
I really hope this isn’t true given he is probably our best player. It would break up the team as he, Dickie and Woodburn are all good mates. Don’t want them getting ideas about going too

Back
Top Bottom