General Jan transfer window

If we sell dickie this window (hope not!!) then I think it would take a huge bid of 5 mil however if dickie stays then unfortunately we may see him go for 2 million plus

£10m would make him the most expensive player ever to move from a League 1 club. More than Fabian Delph’s £8.5m move from Leeds to Villa.

I think we all know that any bids of £2-3m would be sent packing, anything north of £5m would have us sat at the negotiating table.
Lookman from Charlton to Everton was 11 million but your point is still the same, can't imagine us getting anywhere near that

looks like baptiste is going to be off although the oxfordmail is sometimes wide of the mark the wording about baptiste in the mail seems precarious.....

In my opinion, Baptiste is already a much better all round player than dele Ali is or ever will be.

Ali is nothing more than a fancy beach footballer, scoring fancy goals, doing little flicks and tricks, but offers very little else, and has no real work rate, and is not much of a team player from what I’ve seen.

Baptiste on the other hand, has the whole package, he’s a great passer of the ball, a great tackler, can run past players, is a real team player, with a great work rate, and scores great goals!

I’d much rather have Baptiste in my team than dele Ali
So if we were to sell Baptiste how much do we really think we could get for him 10m or a lot less I think he could become a player a lot like dele at Spurs

In my opinion, Baptiste is already a much better all round player than dele Ali is or ever will be.

Ali is nothing more than a fancy beach footballer, scoring fancy goals, doing little flicks and tricks, but offers very little else, and has no real work rate, and is not much of a team player from what I’ve seen.

Baptiste on the other hand, has the whole package, he’s a great passer of the ball, a great tackler, can run past players, is a real team player, with a great work rate, and scores great goals!

Hmmm...he might well turn out to be a better all round footballer than Ali and let's hope so, but writing off Ali as a 'fancy beach footballer' is somewhat one-eyed. he's made about about 145 Premier League appearances, scored 48 goals and made 32 assists. Strikes me as a pretty good record so far and one Baptiste would do well to emulate.

£5M minimum, with sell on clause. He must be going straight to the Premier League.

Bournemouth probably or Southampton I’d be surprised if he goes up North.

Lookman from Charlton to Everton was 11 million but your point is still the same, can't imagine us getting anywhere near that

I think that the ultimate figure for Lookman could have reached £11m. The basic fee for him was £7.5m and I doubt Everton would have had to pay out that the full £11m based on his appearances. He’s at RB Leipzig now.

By the by, it’s hard to say exactly who is the most expensive. A £10m player would be at least the second most expensive move from the third tier regardless.

You don’t think England and Premier League player Dele Ali might look good if he played in our league one side?

Hmmm...he might well turn out to be a better all round footballer than Ali and let's hope so, but writing off Ali as a 'fancy beach footballer' is somewhat one-eyed. he's made about about 145 Premier League appearances, scored 48 goals and made 32 assists. Strikes me as a pretty good record so far and one Baptiste would do well to emulate.
And of course has 37 England caps as well.

Don't think we can read anything into that.
Agreed - all it says is he's playing well and scored a good goal. Clubs will already know about him, they do have scouting networks and don't rely on goal highlights being shown occasionally on BBC1/comments in local papers...…….

robinson stating they have to make sure they pick baptistes next club wisely? id rather lose Shandon than brannagan or Dickie anyway cash in I would....

I think this is a generic statement rather than anything imminent. If KR feels that Shandon would be poorly served in joining a club for a higher fee (e.g. Columbus Crew ;) ) than a club for a slightly lower fee but with better track record in development, he'd feel more comfortable in doing right by the player.

Edit: I think this is also a statement to any potential incoming players that "we will take your best interests into consideration"

You don’t think England and Premier League player Dele Ali might look good if he played in our league one side?
Just because Ali plays in the premiership, and for England, doesn't mean he's a great player.
Eric Dier and Jesse Lingard play in the premiership and for England, but I think they're both a waste of space.

John Stones plays in the premiership and for England, but I'd prefer Rob Dickie.

I'd prefer to have Baptiste in my team instead of Ali, because I think he's a better football player, in my opinion

Just because Ali plays in the premiership, and for England, doesn't mean he's a great player.
Eric Dier and Jesse Lingard play in the premiership and for England, but I think they're both a waste of space.

John Stones plays in the premiership and for England, but I'd prefer Rob Dickie.

I'd prefer to have Baptiste in my team instead of Ali, because I think he's a better football player, in my opinion
Agree about John Stones

Back
Top Bottom